• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ERROR: PleskFatalException

A

ashley1

Hi, i bought a self managed server with plesk license, while installing it, i started mysql server , however when i try to get into plesk it gives me the following error..

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect.

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:156
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect.')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:90

i changed the mysql password but it keeps giving the same error...
can any1 help please,
thank you

thank you for your help Bender, i followed all steps in http://kb.swsoft.com/en/346

i tried to restart plesk but it gives me this error "ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost' (Using password: YES)" so all i did was :
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/ch_admin_passwd
# export PSA_PASSWORD='NEW_PASSWORD' ; /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/ch_admin_passwd; unset PSA_PASSWORD

Load MySQL with the 'skip-grant-tables' option by adding skip-grant-tables into [mysqld] section of the /etc/my.cnf file
Restart MySQL
Put the new password into /etc/psa/.psa.shadow file.
Repair password with the command line below:
# /usr/bin/mysql -D mysql -e"update user set password=PASSWORD('`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`') where User='admin';"
Remove skip-grant-tables option from /etc/my.cnf
Restart MySQL.

and it worked fine but as soon as i remove skip-grant-tables option from /etc/my.cnf skip , i get the same error again , does any1 has a solution for this, and thank you again

Hi. I've encountered the same problem after I imported a mysqldump file from another server (non-Plesk machine).
In my case, the imported database had a super user called 'root' with a valid password, so I connected to the database by "mysql -u root -p" and manually created another super user 'admin' to be used by Plesk.

Back