1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Error restoring PLESK backup

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Toepes, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Toepes

Toepes Guest

Making a backup of plesk, including domains is not the problem. Problem is restoring data.

I tried several times in the Tetsmode bud i keep getting this error:

Run-Time error: Can’t execute UPDATE siteappresources SET `res_id`=’3’WHERE(‘type=’database’and ‘app_id’=’2’) : MySQL error 1062: Duplicate entry ‘database-3’ for key

Anyone an idea how to get the restore working ?

I use Plesk 7.0.3 on a win 2003 machine.

2. Traged1

Traged1 Guest

Did you ever find out how to get this fixed??? We are having the same issue?

3. Toepes

Toepes Guest

Unfortunately we never found out how to solve the problem. Only thing that remained was a fresh install.

After that it Works fine.

4. Traged1

Traged1 Guest

But we have customer data backed up, we have to restaore this backup. :(

5. Toepes

Toepes Guest

Dit you know that is is possible to rename your back-up to .zip ? After you do that it is possible to open it with e.g. WINZIP and extract the files ?

Than you can restore everything. A MYSQL database can be imported manually.

I hope this helps you solve the problem ?

6. Traged1

Traged1 Guest

Thanks, Will try that.

I did manage to get all of the domains restored except one which was habing the error. So It's not quite as bad as originallt thought. But in any case I still need to restore this account.

I reported this error to PLESK support, and they just keep asking me for access into the system, I would prefer a walk through or an explaination of what they were going to do. I would be just as easy for me to check out the issue, if they would quite simply post thier solution on the forum or thier FAQ.