1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Error trying to restore backup

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by JeremiahC, Dec 27, 2010.

1. JeremiahC

JeremiahC New Pleskian

35%
    I've got a customer that were moving from 8.5 to 10.0.1. I get this error when trying to add his backup into the repo

"The backup you are trying to import does not match the user type 'domain' "

Any help would be awesome, trying to get him up and running ASAP.

Thanks

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    As I see you have support ticket regarding this problem. I hope that support team will help you soon. Also this problem can be caused by URLScan installed on IIS that size of uploaded files is limited. Do you have it?

3. JeremiahC

JeremiahC New Pleskian

35%
    I got it working. Something was wrong with the backup file apparently.

Thanks

4. ciberneticait

ciberneticait New Pleskian

60%
    I have the same problem here... i'm trying to migrate one domain from Plesk 8.6 (it's on our dedicated server, all domains are under one "client") to Plesk 10.4.4 (another vps server: on this for each domain, we will create a "client")

The error is the same. I tried another set of backup, but same error....

Looking at files inside the backup (it's a zip file), i see that in xml file there is an "id"... can be this the problem?
    Is it possible migrate one backup from one server, to another with higher plesk version?

thank you for your support