• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error: Unable to activate the domain: Either the domain owner or their subscription i

kadoudal

Regular Pleskian
I am the admin and owner of the seveacademy.com domain
I created a subdomain openx.seveacademy.com , located in /openx folder at root directory, and installed the openx application ...

Q1- I don't understand why I have in my directory structure :
- /var/www/vhosts/seveacademy.com/openx
AND also
- /var/www/vhosts/openx.seveacademy.com

in previous version , I should have the openx subdomain inside the /var/www/vhosts/seveacademy.com/subdomains

Q1/ worst, after running once the opens subdomain is now unactivated ( ??) and when I try to activate it , I get the 2 errors :

Error: Some of the selected domains or aliases were not activated.
Error: Unable to activate the domain: Either the domain owner or their subscription is suspended.

however , no domain owner (myself) or subscription is suspended ...

how can I reset correctly these subdomains ??

thanks for your feedback

running (OS Linux 2.6.32-bpo.5-amd64 and Panel version 10.4.4 Update #6 )

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2011-12-14 à 23.55.01.png
    Capture d’écran 2011-12-14 à 23.55.01.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 18
seems to be a 'hole' : http://kb.parallels.com/112966
New feature for creating separate DNS zone for subdomain instead of corresponding A records in zone of main domain has been implemented since Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4 version.
At the moment there is no way to switch subdomain DNS records to the old format.
At the moment there is no way to avoid the forcible switching subdomain DNS records to the new format.
As possible workaround you can configure slave DNS server so that it served as a zone of domain and zone of subdomain.

but the workaround is not detailed !!!

OK, subdomain files structure changed in 10.4 ( I should have read the Release notes...)

"Improvements in working with subdomains. The concept of subdomains was revised to embody the following improvements:
System files of subdomains are located in /vhosts/<subdomain-name>.example.com/ now, just like for a regular domain.
All limitations on putting subdomains in the subdomains/ directory were eliminated.
but this doesn't explain why my subdomains are deactivated ... and why it's impossible to activate them manually...
is it an improvement too ?

[SOLVED]
- created a brand new temporary subdomain 'stage' ,
- moved content of problematic subdomain 'openx' into 'stage',
- deleted the problematic subdomain 'openx',
- recreated subdomain 'opens' from scratch via Panel,
- then moved back the content from 'stage' into 'opens'
- deleted the temporary subdomain 'stage'
I found it easy and without any permission issues....
now the subdomain 'opens' is master DNS, accessible....

Not solved

I thought it was solved ... subdomains re-created .. but without any manual process from my part, these subdomains are now BACK to unactivated ... and no way to activate them again ....
How many times should I re-create these subdomains to get these things running AT IT WAS BEFORE UPGRADE !!

is Plesk support recommendation to DOWNGRADE in order to run subdomains correctly ???

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2011-12-19 à 14.07.01.png
    Capture d’écran 2011-12-19 à 14.07.01.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 5
I thought it was solved ... subdomains re-created .. but without any manual process from my part, these subdomains are now BACK to unactivated ... and no way to activate them again ....
How many times should I re-create these subdomains to get these things running AT IT WAS BEFORE UPGRADE !!

is Plesk support recommendation to DOWNGRADE in order to run subdomains correctly ???

I can confirm - same happend here - subdomains disabled - I created a new subdomain manually to cope with this error - but now after the #8 microupdate - all the troubled subdomains from the #6 microupdate is now disabled once again...

Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS / Plesk 10.4.4#8

Similar issue on Windows

I used the following shortcut...

Solution:

1) Suspended the customer account in the plesk hosting panel
2) Activated the customer account in the plesk hosting panel

Issue:

0) Previously, had disabled the domain/subscription/customer in plesk hosting panel and billing panel

1) After that, the domain in plesk hosting panel was not able to be activated again

2) Tried activating the domain in plesk hosting panel and received error:

Error: Some of the selected domains or aliases were not activated.
Error: Unable to activate the domain: Either the domain owner or their subscription is suspended.

Back