• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error Upgrading / Updateing

MansurE

New Pleskian
I have problems updating Plesk, or even making an Upgrade.
Finally I tryed an Upgrade from 10.4.4 to now 11.0.9
This Upgrade failt with an simmilar error as I recive now when I try an Component Update.
Also when I try to download an new Licencekey (Via RDP on Plesk, or remote via Browser) I recive an Servererror 500 with no more description.

May it has to do with the situation, that I get an Windows-Login Window, when I try to get the Plesk-Managment URL
https://myDomain:8443/login_up.php3

May it has to do something with an PHP Update I tryed manually?

Thanks for any Advice.

Here is the (complete) Log:
Install or Upgrade Parallels ProductsParallelsProcessed products: Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9 Waiting...
In progress...

Operations log:
Some errors occured during installation.

Download error log
Installation started in background
Determining the packages that need to be installed.
The following components will be installed because they are required by the components you selected: 'mysql-client'
File downloading PANEL-WIN_11.0.9/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/panel-management.msi: completed.
File downloading PANEL-WIN_11.0.9/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/bind.msi: completed.
File downloading PANEL-WIN_11.0.9/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/webmail.msi: completed.
File downloading SITEBUILDER-WIN_11.0.8/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/sitebuilder.msi:completed.
File downloading PANEL-WIN_11.0.9/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/php5.msi: completed.
File downloading PANEL-WIN_11.0.9/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/perl-conf.msi: completed.
File downloading PANEL-WIN_11.0.9/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/mysql-server-configurator.msi: completed.
File downloading PANEL-WIN_11.0.9/thirdparty-msi-Windows-any-x86_64/mysql-essential-5.1.56-win32.msi: completed.
Installing packages
installing Parallels Panel management...
MSI: Error! Critical action 'Configuring Plesk web site...' has been failed:
Command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng.exe" --configure-plesk-website failed with code 1.
Output:
Access is denied. (Error code 5) at CryptImportKey
Failed to install 'C:\dc399031ea8cf4c43869f57108bf4472\parallels\PANEL-WIN_11.0.9\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\panel-management.msi': Fatal error during installation. (Error code 1603)
Error: Action sequence 'install: installing Parallels Panel management...' of package 'panel-management' has been failed with code 1603
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.
All products and components have been successfully installed and upgraded.
OK Note: Parallels Installer closes automatically after 30 minutes of inactivity. In such a case, to continue working with Installer, you will need to start the Installer again.

Additional

Trying the Upgrade starts with the fopllowing Error:

WARNING: [MYSQL ERROR] Unable to connect database. The reason of problem:

I dismiss this and run later into the above mentioned errors ...

i dismiss it because:
- MySQL is installed and uses the Port 3306
- The Firewall Configuration of Plesk says the Ports 3306, 8306 are open
- I tryed with CMD to connect the Database with mysql.exe and the Credentials i know
- I reentered in the Databaseserver Settings on Plesk the Passwort as i know
- I rechecked it as shown in the Parallels KB at http://kb.parallels.com/en/111983
- So Databaseconnection should work, but still i get the Error that I can't connect to mySql!?

If I proceed i get the Error I posted in the previous posting.

Any Suggestions?

More details

The MySQL Problem is solved now.
There are two MySQl Installation on the Server.
One for The WebApplication
One for the Plesk

After I set the WebApplication DB Login to the same as the one from Plesk I dont recive any MySQL-Errors.
The Update/Upgrade still does not work.
The Requesting Licensekey does still not work

So I try again to get the Licensekey Part working.

I find in the Windowslog - after obtaining an Licensekey the following error:
.\socket.c:2444: unexpected error:

AND:
SOCKET_RECV: Windows error code: 1236, returning ISC error 54

Does this may help?

And this is the Error

File specified by f70417e6-3fba-af87-7fa4-6f777da4844b was not found
File LogFile.php
Line 41
Type Smb_Exception_NotFound

Try reissuing the license key from plesk support. I had same problem when I tried to upgrade one of our plesk 9. Please support provided me new license after that the upgrade worded without any issue.

Back