• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error while installing Plesk 12.5.30 for my first ever time (Pulling my hair out!)

Birdy

New Pleskian
Hi All,

As a newbie installing plesk for the very first time ever, I am somewhat pulling my hair out! After re-formatting my entire server assuming its something i have done wrong and loosing all the data due to plesk explaining you must format the server as appose to uninstalling!

Anyhow after the entire re-format and reinstall of windows + plesk, One is no better off in regards to the errors i am experiencing.

The installation console provides the following error and advises me to seek support.

installing Web Presence Builder Core...
MSI: Error! Critical action 'Create Web Presence Builder database...' failed:
Command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\local_mysql_helper.exe" --create-database-and-user -database sitebuilder5 -database-user sitebuilder -database-user-password * failed with code 1. Output: ERROR: PleskMainDBException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.<br />
(Error code: 2002) (db.php:444)<br />
<br><a href='http://kb.odin.com/plesk-error/sear...machine+actively+refused+it. +(Error+code:+)' target='_blank'>Search for related Knowledge Base articles</a>

at (CmdAction::Commit line 415)
at Execute action Create Web Presence Builder database...(executeList line 293)
Failed to install 'C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\SITEBUILDER-WIN_12.5.29\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\sitebuilder-core.msi': Fatal error during installation. (Error code 1603)
Error: The installation of the package 'sitebuilder-core' failed with code 1603. (install: installing Web Presence Builder Core...)
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

Could anyone please advise me with what route one should take, I would greatly appreciate the help, Advice and Support for any mistake i have made or perhaps i am missing something so simple?

As a new leaner to plesk ive been pulling my hair out for the last 8 hours!

Kind regards
Birdy

Have you tried install Plesk without WPB (former SiteBuilder)? Just try do not select this component for installation in Autoinstaller.

Please check MySQL log file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\data\*.err

Back