• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Errors while renaming subscription name

XAMeLeOH

New Pleskian
Dear support team,

We got an error when customers try to change subscription name. When this happens users couldn't connect to FTP. Plesk changes the homedir but doesn't recreate the webspace. As the result user doesn't see DOCROOT directories like httpdocs, site1, site2, etc. Can you suggest any workaround?

My understanding of that feature is that, plesk just renames the folder /var/www/vhosts/old-subscription.com to the /var/www/vhosts/new-subscription.com leaving the rest of the files intact ..

I have just tested it here, and indeed that is exactly what happened!

So can you suggest any workaround to avoid this situation? Now any our customer can shoot himself in the foot. They lost access to their files after renaming the subscription. Maybe there is a way to restrict this ability?

If you have given the user an ability to create a domain name, then of-course they will also have the ability to rename it ...Same thing, disabling the ability to create domains also automatically disables the ability to edit them!!

Please give me answer to the questions:
1) How do you think this renaming behavior is correct?
2) Is there any hope this renaming feature will work correctly in the foreseeable future?

If you can provide the plesk team and (us too) instructions of how we can re-produce that problem it would greatly help in the resolution of such a bug if does exist.

How it works, is how it's currently ...(The options are very limited so the procedure is straight forward)

I found out that this error is the result of this bug: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?283284-Subscribers-unable-to-remove-domains-completely
So I will enable 'Hosting settings management' feature for my customers but if anybody wants to repeat error described here you should:
1) Create new subscription with the domain example.com.
2) Add a new domain example.net.
3) Delete the domain example.net.
4) Rename the main domain from example.com to example.net.
Because the domain example.net wasn't deleted completly, the directory /var/www/vhosts/example.net still exists and the Panel will show you an error message while trying to rename the subscription.

Back