• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily: grep: e-banners: No such file or directory exit status 255 ??

Space Monkey

Basic Pleskian
Since a couple days I'm getting these in the mailbox.

Code:
subject: Cron <root@cloud> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )

/etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily:
grep: e-banners: No such file or directory
exit status 255
grep: e-banners: No such file or directory
exit status 255
Don't know why, I haven't changed or installed anything lately.

Ubuntu 18.4
Plesk 18.04.24

It’s strange. I did not find any mention of such a problem in our internal resources. I would try to troubleshoot this by running one each command from a /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily file in the command line to determine which one is causing this message.

It’s strange. I did not find any mention of such a problem in our internal resources. I would try to troubleshoot this by running one each command from a /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily file in the command line to determine which one is causing this message.
TBH, I'm too noob to understand what these commands are.

The subject line is Cron <root@cloud> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )

I have discussed this issue with our developers and they have no idea what is the reason of this issue. They suggested you contact Plek Support Team for detailed investigation directly on your server.

/etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily
Hi there, when I open Nano it shows the following:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
### Copyright 1999-2017. Plesk International GmbH. All rights reserved.

# install_statistics
/opt/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /opt/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php >/dev/null 2>&1

# install_mysqldump
/opt/psa/bin/mysqldump.sh >/dev/null 2>&1

# Add autoreinstall banners by means of daily cron task.
plesk bin extension --list | grep -q litls e-banners || plesk bin extension --install-url "https://ext.plesk.com/packages/5bc0a485-6fee-4731-8712-1d6e34b2f214-lite-banners/download" >/dev/null 2>&1

# Add autoreinstall banners by means of daily cron task.
plesk bin extension --list | grep -q litls e-banners || plesk bin extension --install-url "https://ext.plesk.com/packages/5bc0a485-6fee-4731-8712-1d6e34b2f214-lite-banners/download" >/dev/null 2>&1

Cheers

# Add autoreinstall banners by means of daily cron task. plesk bin extension --list | grep -q litls e-banners || plesk bin extension --install-url "https://ext.plesk.com/packages/5bc0a485-6fee-4731-8712-1d6e34b2f214-lite-banners/download" >/dev/null 2>&1

# Add autoreinstall banners by means of daily cron task. plesk bin extension --list | grep -q litls e-banners || plesk bin extension --install-url "https://ext.plesk.com/packages/5bc0a485-6fee-4731-8712-1d6e34b2f214-lite-banners/download" >/dev/null 2>&1

odd entry. first of all, there should only be one of them. Delete one definitely and save. See if that already solves it.
I'm not familiar with the lite-banners extension. [ If you don't actually need it, remove the entries completely and the errors will be gone. ] Will familiarize myself quickly on that extension.

Let us know about progress your side please.

Cheers,
Tom

Plesk Banners

If you really got a need for those, uninstall the extension and reinstall. That should solve it. {if that doesn't it'll be a bug which you can report here.]
Otherwise, just get rid of it.

Cheers,
Tom

Plesk Banners

If you really got a need for those, uninstall the extension and reinstall. That should solve it. {if that doesn't it'll be a bug which you can report here.]
Otherwise, just get rid of it.

Cheers,
Tom
I even have no clue what they are?? In the extension list within Plesk I don't see anything named lite banners. Only extenstion that has lite in it is the litespeed extention but I have litespeed on all my servers without getting the above messages

In your extension list in Plesk, they'd likely be called "Plesk Banners".

Even if you have no such extension listed in Plesk - there's got to be a reason why you have those entries in your daily maintenance file - install the extension briefly. (to put plesk in state where it officially knows about it and creates whatever files and entries it needs to create). Then remove the extension again. (To make sure Plesk properly removes whatever it just created. [Although PLesk doesn't always nicely clean up after itself].
Your Plesk should now be in a proper state of not having that extension. Check the /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily again. Both those entries should be gone. If not, delete both, save, and you should be all up-and-running without the error. :)

Cheers,
Tom

In your extension list in Plesk, they'd likely be called "Plesk Banners".

Even if you have no such extension listed in Plesk - there's got to be a reason why you have those entries in your daily maintenance file - install the extension briefly. (to put plesk in state where it officially knows about it and creates whatever files and entries it needs to create). Then remove the extension again. (To make sure Plesk properly removes whatever it just created. [Although PLesk doesn't always nicely clean up after itself].
Your Plesk should now be in a proper state of not having that extension. Check the /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily again. Both those entries should be gone. If not, delete both, save, and you should be all up-and-running without the error. :)

Cheers,
Tom
Nothing or anything close shows in the extention list, on FB someone said it could be an extension that is deprecated, going to dig into that.

Neh, can't find anything :(

Code:
root@cloud:~# plesk bin extension -l
composer - PHP Composer
configurations-troubleshooter - Webserver Configurations Troubleshooter
domain-connect - Domain Connect
firewall - Firewall
git - Git
google-drive-backup - Google Drive Backup
grafana - Grafana
heavy-metal-skin - Skins and Color Schemes
letsencrypt - Let's Encrypt
litespeed - LiteSpeed Extension
monitoring - Advanced Monitoring
panel-migrator - Plesk Migrator
repair-kit - Repair Kit
revisium-antivirus - ImunifyAV
sslit - SSL It!
wp-toolkit - WordPress Toolkit
xovi - SEO Toolkit

Last edited:
Both those entries should be gone. If not, delete both, save, and you should be all up-and-running without the error.

Just remove those two lines from the
50plesk-daily
file.

Quite possible that the provider where you got your server had it in it to make you upgrade from admin to some higher version of PLesk.

Just remove those two lines from the
50plesk-daily
file.

Quite possible that the provider where you got your server had it in it to make you upgrade from admin to some higher version of PLesk.
Weird though because all my other servers on the same host and configuration don't have this issue. I will delete the stuff in the file and see what happens.

Cheers

Back