• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Expand backups to 30 days

Tize

Basic Pleskian
Hello, update Plesk these days 12.05.30 coming version 12.0 and now I can not make more than 2 backups. Someone knows how to extend to 30 days had before?
Thanks to all.

-1.png

@Tize,

Your hosting provider has settings that prevent you to choose values higher than 2 (days). That´s all.

Regards

Hello, my hosting told me in plesk see that they have nothing to do . I have an own server is not a vps . thanks.

@Tize,

You should then have a look at "Tools & Settings > Tools & Resources > Backup Manager (click on it) > Settings (click on it)".

There you should have a field "Maximum number of scheduled backup files to store" with the value of 2: you can change that value if you want.

Note that is not recommended to use a value of 30, when scheduling a daily backup task, since that would imply 30 daily backups and a HUGE disk usage.

It is recommended to "work-around" this (minor) "problem, by using either a lower value (for instance: 10) or using a weekly backup task.

Hope the above helps.

Regards......

Hi, thanks for your response. The problem now is that there can not put more than two . It does not allow.
Thank you.

@Tize,

I am not sure what happened, but you should be able to change that value.

I assume that you are logged in as admin, is that correct?

If you retry to set the value and it still does not work, you can safely try to

a) run the command: plesk repair installation

OR

b) use the autoinstaller and: uninstall the backup manager, followed by a (re-)install of the backup manager.

I would recommend option b): it is fast and does not (really) interfere with other components.

Hope the above helps.

Regards....

@Tize,

I am not sure what happened, but you should be able to change that value.

I assume that you are logged in as admin, is that correct?

If you retry to set the value and it still does not work, you can safely try to

a) run the command: plesk repair installation

OR

b) use the autoinstaller and: uninstall the backup manager, followed by a (re-)install of the backup manager.

I would recommend option b): it is fast and does not (really) interfere with other components.

Hope the above helps.

Regards....

Hello, I have some fear of damaging the system and stay it can not serve.
Before working properly and not now!
I made a video so you can see it.
Thanks for your time.

@Tize,

No fear for damaging the system, from your video I can see that you forget to reset the value in "Tools & Settings > Tools & Resources > Backup Manager (click on it) > Settings".

At the moment, you have a value of 2, you should change that to a higher value.

Regards....

PS It is the value on the page "Configuracion" that you have to change!

@trialotto,

Thank you very much for your help, you can fix your method which had looked but had not fallen into that here was the solution because the message that appears is wrong for being there for customers.
I very much appreciate your partner's help, I put a video where you see solved.
Greetings and see you soon.

Back