• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Scheduled Backup not working more

NITROFOX

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi all,

Since I had problems with the MariaDB update, where I had to repair the plesk panel installation, I have now noticed that backups are no longer being done every day according to schedule.

In the settings area I don't see any errors, and even the reconfirmation of the schedule configuration appears green working, but the fact is that the backups are not being made, what can I do?

Thanks

I attach here this screenshot, since the 18th when I have the problems that no longer work.

Attachments

• green.jpg
    green.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 20
I found this errors in log

2023-11-21 23:01:03ERRpanel.ui [17664:655d36af2b1e5]The task with ID 196 was not found.
2023-11-21 23:01:03ERRpanel [17664:655d36af2b1e5]
PleskUserException: The task with ID 196 was not found.
file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Controller/Action/Backup/Trait.php
line: 863
code: 0
trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Controller/Action/Backup/Trait.php(779): Admin_BackupController->_getBackupTaskById(string '196')
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Admin_BackupController->taskDetailsAction()
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(string 'taskDetailsAction')
#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(object of type Zend_Controller_Request_Http, object of type Zend_Controller_Response_Http)
#4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Application/Web.php(48): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(object of type Zend_Controller_Request_Http)
#5 /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/application.php(15): Plesk\Application_Web->run()

Show less

This is the only problem I haven't been able to solve yet, I've done everything from repairing the plesk installation, to deleting all the backups and redoing the backup.

As for the suggestion to recreate the backup settings, from what I understand it is not so easy, because they are recorded in the database, unless there is a way to reset and delete it, any suggestions?

After insistence with OVH, I managed to open a support with Plesk on this subject, because before they didn't want to solve it without checking other problems I was having with MariaDB.

The problem has been solved, and this was the solution that I think is good to share with the community.

"The issue is resolved.

Content of /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager-task was manually overwritten and this file was empty. Thus cron did not call backup manager to execute scheduled task.
I restored it:

# cat /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager-task
5,20,35,50 * * * * root [ -x /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

Tonight scheduled backup should be executed as expected."

Back