• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Extension Installation fails

smonsays

New Pleskian
Hello,
I tried to install the Letsencrypt extension via the extension catalogue. At first it seemingly went fine. I tried to generate the certificate but became an error stating my installation of the Letsencrypt extension was corrupt. I therefore removed the extension in Plesk.

Now when I try to reinstall Letsencrypt I get the following error:
"filemng failed: filemng: Error occurred during /bin/cp command."

I think there are corrupted files leftover from my first attempt to install Letsencrypt, but I am not sure where/how I should delete them.

Thank you

Simon

Hi smonsays,

you are always able to use the command line ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ), as for example:

Show Plesk components and dislpay their current state:

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --show-components --show-options

Install a Plesk component:

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component PLESK-COMPONENT-NAME

Remove a Plesk component:

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component PLESK-COMPONENT-NAME

Back to your issue, you could use the example commands:

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component letsencrypt

followed by

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component letsencrypt

Each installation process creates as well a log - file for further investigations ( => /var/log/plesk/ ). Pls. consider to read as well:

Sometimes, it is as well a good idea to change the log - level, to get more informations in psa - log - files:

Thank you for your input. I managed to solve the problem with the log-files by removing /opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt manually and reinstalling the extension via the web interface.

Back