• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

extract mysql database from psadump file?

ronan675

New Pleskian
I recently upgraded to mysql 4.1 using arts rpm's however one of my clients was using non standard characters in his table names. The database is now unreadable.

This is a known issue according to mysql.com I just didn't know about it until after I did the upgrade.

"Important note: MySQL 4.1 stores table names and column names in utf8. If you have table names or column names that use characters outside of the standard 7-bit US-ASCII range, you may have to do a mysqldump of your tables in MySQL 4.0 and restore them after upgrading to MySQL 4.1. The symptom for this problem is that you get a table not found error when trying to access your tables. In this case, you should be able to downgrade back to MySQL 4.0 and access your data."

I have a PSAdump file created before the upgrade to Mysql 4.1? Is there any easy way to restore a single database from a psadump file?

I really need to know this too. My website is down and I cant seem to find the sql file inside the Plesk backup file.

Anyone please? this is urgent

Back