• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

extract mysql database from psadump file?

ronan675

New Pleskian
I recently upgraded to mysql 4.1 using arts rpm's however one of my clients was using non standard characters in his table names. The database is now unreadable.

This is a known issue according to mysql.com I just didn't know about it until after I did the upgrade.

"Important note: MySQL 4.1 stores table names and column names in utf8. If you have table names or column names that use characters outside of the standard 7-bit US-ASCII range, you may have to do a mysqldump of your tables in MySQL 4.0 and restore them after upgrading to MySQL 4.1. The symptom for this problem is that you get a table not found error when trying to access your tables. In this case, you should be able to downgrade back to MySQL 4.0 and access your data."

I have a PSAdump file created before the upgrade to Mysql 4.1? Is there any easy way to restore a single database from a psadump file?

I really need to know this too. My website is down and I cant seem to find the sql file inside the Plesk backup file.

Anyone please? this is urgent

Back