• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Failed to copy content of database

Kingsley

Silver Pleskian
Hello;

I am unable to import Database with plesk migrator, i am getting the below error. all 16 domains affected.

Failed to copy content of database 'gistify'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Command execution failed on the source server 'source' (158.69.247.123) with non-zero exit code.
command: MYSQL_PWD="$(cat)" mysqldump --no-defaults -h localhost -P 3306 -uadmin --quick --quote-names --add-drop-table --default-character-set=utf8 --set-charset --routines gistify > /root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-1u4toa0o30zkwb8vsa29kinwh9erofbo/db-dumps/gistify.sql
exit code: 2
stdout:
stderr: mysqldump: Got error: 1045: "Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)" when trying to connect

Right there at the end it tells you what the issue is: "Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost'"

Make sure that the admin account password is correct and that the admin account has full rights to the databases. You can basically follow the same steps found here on the source system.

Right there at the end it tells you what the issue is: "Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost'"

Make sure that the admin account password is correct and that the admin account has full rights to the databases. You can basically follow the same steps found here on the source system.

On the source server i can login to mysql with the admin details but on the new server it's unable to access the database

did not work

Back