• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Failed to publish

D

dpdaniel

Error: The site has not been published.
Cannot copy the site files to the specified site location. It is possible that you do not have enough permissions for writing, or there is not enough free disk space on the server.

I am getting this error message now, when previously the site published successfully. I had tried removing all files from the hosting account and republishing with correct permissions but it still gives the same error. It does not seem to be permissions related to the hosting accounts directories/files permissions or storage space as i tried tripling the space allocated to the account which had more than enough free to begin with. Any suggestions would be appreciated as we could not find any errors saying where or what is failing in the logs, it appears as though the site publishes successfully but still gives an error which is causing us much confusion.

I have the same problem.
but now I cant publish if I use special modules like vote, SitePal and RSS Reader
I think the one with mySQL Hang together but i don't know to change the mysql sittings

Can anyone help me?

greetings
Chris
(Sorry for the poor English :) )

Edit: The error message was:

The specified site location does not change.

Or something like that

Guys, try to check Sitebuilder admin CP -> Logs section right after publishing. Also use this article and check list of requirements on published side: http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1812, if you did not check it before. Make sure that all files into directory can be rewritten by apache.

here the results, we didnt' touch anything to folder permission, many domains impacted, its getting urgent:

NB: IF I REMOVE THE GUESTBOOK PAGE THEN IT'S FINE! I then recreate the guestbook page and it seems to be OK. DB CONVERSION PROBLEM?

ioncube=ok os= phpVersion=5.0.4 mbstring=ok zlib=ok session=ok dom=ok domxml_xslt=ok sqlite=2.8.14 sqliteEncoding=UTF-8 gd_png=ok gd_gif=ok gd_jpg=ok gd_wbmp=ok gd=2.0.28 safe_mode=ok mail=ok curl=ok serverApi=Apache Handler folder_permissions_data=fail

SB logs:

Cannot read source from '/usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/sites/29/29d999f8fc7d1118bca64ad58d4ab169/data/storage/sb_modules.php' via FTP It is possible that there are no enough permissions for writing or there is not enough free space on the server.

Did you change site publishing location? Try to check if
'/usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/sites/29/29d999f8fc7d1118bca64ad58d4ab169/data/storage/sb_modules.php' file exists on published side. Try to re-publish entire site and check this situation one more time.

in SB the file exists -rwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 24576 Apr 13 17:39 sb_modules.php

in the host server: -rwxrwxrwx 1 domainftp psacln 113664 Apr 14 16:44 sb_modules.php

re-publishing entire site doesnt help: "The site has not been published.Cannot copy the site files to the specified site location. It is possible that you do not have enough permissions for writing, or there is not enough free disk space on the server."

additional info, the error says:

Directory attachments do not exist. Path to dirname- /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/sites/20/207614d5fa2c4eebb16b1b8c810f8ffd/data/storage/attachments

... but there is no directory attachments there but I found it in /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/sites/20/207614d5fa2c4eebb16b1b8c810f8ffd/attachments

created the directory /data/storage/attachments and I could publish.
I hope this is a single case, don't understand why there is that path mismatch

Actually, I met this errors before and this situation was already provided to developers for investigation as I know. The thing is that there are no exact steps for reproducing this situation. Parallels QA team working on this and trying to reproduce but still no luck. Hope it will be finally figured out and fixed.
For now, you can create missing directory and everything should be fine after that. If you have some additional information which could help QA team in their tests please post it here and I will pass it. Thank you for your attention to this case.

ok, I will. Tip: seems related to website existing before upgrade to 4.2.

I keep you informed should it happen again.

Same Problem

Hi, I think I have the same problem here.
I found a few interest things:
1.- this problem is module-related: not all publishings fail, only those including several modules (FlashIntro and ImageGallery proved so far), and ftp publishing fails on specific files (Flash.swf on FlashIntro module and include/PEAR/Archive/Zip.php on ImageGallery module)
2.- Strange FTP behavior: Reaching the above listed files, ftp traffic goes like this:
- FTP STOR {path}/include/PEAR/Archive/Zip.php
- TCP 51210 > ftp [ACK] {...}
- FTP Request: QUIT
- TCP ftp > 51210 [ACK] {...}
- FTP Response: 226 Transfer complete.

This is different to all other files, for which it goes like stor, send data, transfer complete; with no QUIT request.
Also, it tries to send the same file 3 times. In xferlog, the transfer is marked as complete
(Fri Apr 25 13:40:57 2008 3 www1.elo.com.br 119810 {path}/include/PEAR/Archive/Zip.php b _ i r {user} ftp 1 www-data c),
and the same file is present 3 times, all as complete.

What this is not related to:
1.- Quotas: we use quotas on our server, however, tests user is not near overquota, it's like 1% of its quota.
2.- Server firewall: dropped all iptables rules for testing, no changes.
3.- Server file permissions: our default permissions are 755 (using suPHP), we changed it to 775, and then we disabled suPHP so we could test with 777. Same problem.
4.- Local file permissions: tested 755, 775, 777. Same problem.
5.- We thought it could be due to any verification (check.php or something like that), but there is no actual HTTP traffic after putting the above listed files.

I also captured output of the check.php, and it says 'safe mode = fail' is supossed to be off? The same for permissions, what are the right permissions to be set?

I hope this helps the QA team. We actually payed the license but still we're not able to publish, that's kind of not good ; ]

If you wish/need any more information please ask.

My best regards,
Carlos

Thank you for provided details. Is the error the same as above "Directory attachments do not exist."? If so, did you try to create missing folder manually? Please let me know. As soon as I get confirmation from you I will pass this info to QA.
PHP directive safe_mode should be 'off' and as for permissions you should ignore failed message concerning it.

Hi, we just solved the problem.
we actually set up another ftp server, and mounted the original folder via nfs. magically, it worked.
so we started testing ftp server (proftpd) parameters.
it turned out it was 'TransferRate' directive's fault. we had it set on 30, doubled it to 60 and it works now. we don't really get how this was the cause, but it looks like it was.
Anyways, we're just glad it worked. If you want more information, just message me.

P.s.
1.- Error was:
Error: The site has not been published.
Cannot copy the site files to the specified site location. It is possible that you do not have enough permissions for writing, or there is not enough free disk space on the server.

2.- we didn't have any problem with folders, but with files. I guess they were relatively large and that bottleneck (transferrate 30) was making proftpd discard packages.

3.- Safe_mode is on! and it still works. is there any problem that could be caused of this? i can't think of any. but i can think of a few that could happen with safe_mode off.

greetings.

Actually I had the same publishing problem to FTP, but when I checked the log I saw that it was the 'check.php' that I left in the target-directory that caused the site not to publish. After removing that file it was OK. Or at least it was back to the problem I had before, namely to get the correct SQLite. Can anybody tell me how to install the SQLite 2.x xtension in my PHP5? I see that there is an autoinstaller for Red Hat but I need for Ubunto.

I have:
PHP 5.1.2 (cli) (built: Nov 28 2007 22:33:12)
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

I've tried to follow the instrux from http://www.phpbuilder.com/board/arch...-10307306.html
with the SQLite-1.0.3.tgz file but get those errors and I have no idea of how to go further (good in following commands, happy when they works, but totally lost when they don't!):
root@lvps212-241-218-205:/home# cd SQLite-1.0.3
root@lvps212-241-218-205:/home/SQLite-1.0.3# phpize
-bash: phpize: command not found
root@lvps212-241-218-205:/home/SQLite-1.0.3# ./config.m4
./config.m4: line 1: dnl: command not found
./config.m4: line 2: dnl: command not found
./config.m4: line 3: dnl: command not found
./config.m4: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `sqlite,'
./config.m4: line 5: `PHP_ARG_WITH(sqlite, for sqlite support,'
root@lvps212-241-218-205:/home/SQLite-1.0.3#

Back