• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Failed to update Panel.

Stepster

Basic Pleskian
When I log in to the recently updated Panel v11.5, I see the following error:

Failed to update Panel. You can send the update log to Parallels support to try fixing the issue.​

But it appears to have updated. "11.5.30 Update #3, last updated at July 6, 2013 11:52 AM" - It's carried out an automated update (to update #2) and I've just forced the most recent Update #3.

Any clues? Where will I find the mentioned logs? It's not immediately obvious!

Try to fix it with using repair.exe utility. "Plesk\bin\repair.exe --help" output - there is a lot of useful repair commands

At the moment I've not found the relevant log files indicating what the error might be, so don't really know where to start with this command!

Where might I find the logs holding details of this update error?

Plesk installation / upgrade log is
C:\ParallelsInstaller\autoinstaller3.log

If any error during upgrade happened, you can find it this log. To find it faster you can use search by keyword error:

Also are you seeing any errors in Plesk or something works strange?

The most recent error in the log say:

Error:
~empty
Installation started in background
Determining the packages that need to be installed.

Not terribly helpful!

Earlier, I have:

MSI (04) [2013-07-03 03:57:49.160]: Check conditions error: MS SQL server installer requires 'File And Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks' service to be installed. Please click the 'Start' button, then select 'Control Panel->Network Connections->Local Area Connection->Properties->Install->Service' and install it.

Now, 'File And Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks' is installed and ticked, but I don't currently see any connections to MS SQL within the Panel. MS SQL 2008 is installed however.

I've tried running:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin>repair --reconfigure-mssql-webadmin-site
Database web administration services were successfully reconfigured.

But should I be adding a connection within the Panel to this database? What might the log-in details be!

Other than this, the Panel seems to be functioning without issue.

So can anyone offer any advice here? How to I go about getting my MSSQL database re-registered in the Panel?

Back