• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FC4 Plesk 8 And would like php 5.1.4

Originally posted by atomicturtle I don't consider anything in atomic-bleeding the kind of thing I consider release-worthy at this time. For example, php and mysql in that channel are back ports from FC5 and FC6. There are known integration issues with PSA on both. They're stable in that they wont crash, and that they'll work fine (most likely) in a non-PSA environment. They're unstable in that PSA will not work with them 100%. [/B]
Hi Scott,

Can you elaborate a bit on the PHP 5.1.x issues with Plesk?

Thanks.

I havent run it on any PSA boxes myself, so what I know is 3rd party, but Ive been told that PSA wont generate the configs for enabling php in a domain correctly.

I'm running Plesk 8.01 FC4 and just tried the rpm for PHP 5.1.6 and my Plesk VPS didn't like it at all.

I didn't notice anything bad happening to the site that I had up. The PHP scripts were all working just fine, but my Plesk Control Panel stopped working properly. When I tried to log into it, I got some weird error page that I've never seen before. It seemed to think there was an error in the name of my server. It wanted me to verify it for proper function of Plesk.

Fortunately, I was still able to access my Virtuozzo controls and was able to intiate a VPS restore from a backup that I made just before trying out the 5.1.6 rpm.

Originally posted by atomicturtle
I havent run it on any PSA boxes myself, so what I know is 3rd party, but Ive been told that PSA wont generate the configs for enabling php in a domain correctly.

Hi,

I'm running Plesk 8.0 on RHEL4 with the PHP 5.1.6 RPMs from the CentosPlus repository, no issues so far.

BTW, I've only installed the base components for Plesk 8.0, so I'm not sure if the PHP 5 RPMs will affect negatively other Plesk components.

Regards.

Just like most everyone else here.. I'm FC4, plesk 8, PHP 5.0.4, and trying to upgrade PHP.

I added the GPG key, added this in my yum.conf:

[atomic]
name=Atomic Rocket Turtle - $releasever - Atomic PSA-Compatible RPMS
baseurl=http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/art/$releasever/
[atomic-app-vault]
name=Atomic Rocket Turtle - $releasever - Atomic PSA App Vault RPMS
baseurl=http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/app-vault/
[psa-8.0]
name=Atomic Rocket Turtle - $releasever - SW-Soft PSA 8.0 RPMS
baseurl=http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/psa-8.0/$releasever/

Yet when I run a check-config, i see nothing for php, but it does seem the atomic repositories are working, because a new mysql version is listed. When i run update or install php, i get the following:

# yum install php
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Reading repository metadata in from local files
Parsing package install arguments
Nothing to do

# yum update php
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Reading repository metadata in from local files
Could not find update match for php
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion

Would appreciate any help getting this going. Thank you.

Originally posted by thewolf
Hi,
I'm running Plesk 8.0 on RHEL4 with the PHP 5.1.6 RPMs from the CentosPlus repository, no issues so far.

It appears that I'm going to be in a similar situation...I'm being forced to use RHEL4 instead of CentOS4. Plesk 8 will be on there and I will want to upgrade to *at least* the 5.1 branch of PHP.

If I go into the yum conf and add the centosplus repo (as described here for example), will it "just work" on RHEL? Or do I have to do something to fool it into thinking it's centos?

Thanks,
G

Yeah it should work, you'd be better off adding that to your up2date config though. That way you can access the rhel base/updates channels as well.

Yeah it should work, you'd be better off adding that to your up2date config though. That way you can access the rhel base/updates channels as well.

Ok, now it looks like I'll be on CentOS 4.4 after all. So I'll end up with a clean base install of CentOS and Plesk 8 Powerpack.

PHP 5.1.6 is in the centosplus repo. So which is better?

yum --enablerepo=atomic-bleeding upgrade php*
or
yum --enablerepo=centosplus upgrade php*

Or neither? I'm assumng there's a reason why the ART packages were created, or everyone would just use centosplus....

Use the centosplus ones, I'll probably be dropping the 5.1 packages and moving on to 5.2 now that FC4 has been end of lifed.

Use the centosplus ones, I'll probably be dropping the 5.1 packages and moving on to 5.2 now that FC4 has been end of lifed.

I used the centosplus repo and everything appears to be working. PHP went up to 5.1.6 and MySQL went up to the 5 branch. Plesk seems happy, too.

BUT, it appears that this php package is compiled without some important modules! No gd, no mysql, etc. Um...what the heck do I do now to get those features back?

Here's the compile line from phpinfo:
'./configure' '--build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-libdir=lib' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--with-mime-magic=/etc/httpd/conf/magic' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-xml' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs' '--without-mysql' '--without-gd' '--without-odbc' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--disable-pdo' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter'

EDIT: Disregard the above. This is VERY misleading. Here's the deal:

PHP is compiled this way on purpose. I had seen other posts where people had seen this compile line but the features listed as "--without..." WERE working. Mine, however, were not. That is, they were not working for the default domain that Plesk sets up on the server.

I was going through all kinds of troubleshooting trying to figure out what was wrong. On a whim, I created a new vhost and, sure enough, my attempts to do test on GD, MySQL connections, etc, were successful. The phpinfo() on the subdomain revealed that, while the configure line still showed "--without...", the modules were now reporting their config blocks like I would expect.

So everything was fine all along. But the combination of the misleading configure line and the Plesk default domain being crippled for some reason, I believed that something was broken.

Jeezy Creezy.

Yeah with 5.1 they went over to a more modular design, so for those folks that relied heavily on looking at the configure parameters through phpinfo() will probably panic. Especially if you look at phpinfo through libphp and php-cgi together, you'll get two completely different outputs.

So I have been trying to upgrade PHP to 5.1.x as well but every time I try to update PHP using "yum update php --exclude=mysql" it still tries to upgrade mysql. I have already run this once thinking that it would just skip mysql, but it upgraded it anyways and Plesk died on me. Lucky me I made a backup before I ran the command. Can someone help me with this?

I have been trying to upgrade PHP on the following setup
===
fc4
plesk 8.0.0
php 5.0.4
mysql 4.1.1
===

I would like to update my PHP 5.0.4 version to PHP 5.2 on a FC4 64 bits + Plesk 8.

How can I do that ?

Thanks

Im wondering if anyone is successfully running php 5.2? I cant run osCommerce because i have 5.0.4 on FC4....Im dieing here, some one please answer my preyer's

Is there anybody who successfully upgraded php 5.0.4 on FC4 x64 to php 5.1.x or 5.2 ?

We'd really need this as xcache (best phpcache) doesn't run on php 5.0.x branch.

It doesn't matter if it breaks something in Plesk 8.1...My clients (and myself) doesn't like it anyways... :rolleyes:

Any help appreciated! :)

Ps.: I'd also pay for this ...(couldn't use solutions described in this thread as it always ends up with php-pear dependency problem...)

Well you could always do what I did... I just download the AutoInstaller for 8.1 and ran that. It upgraded php and mysql to 5.x.

Originally posted by kyotejones
Well you could always do what I did... I just download the AutoInstaller for 8.1 and ran that. It upgraded php and mysql to 5.x.

Thanks I've tried that...unfortunately it gives dependency errors (lots of it). Strange because it's a stock fc4 with stock plesk 8.1 installed and hosted by 1and1.

I'd still pay if somebody able to do it... :eek:

Back