• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Feature-requests for Plesk 7.1's successor

I asked Todd to move this thread here as 95%+ of the requests in this thread aren't included in Plesk 7.5 but would be useful in Plesk 8. When Plesk 7.1 was released I got the Plesk 7 feature request thread closed, and created a new one copying all the non-included features copied across, but as Plesk 7.5 doesn't include the majority of this threads requested features it still really applies - and should be kept active in the Plesk 7.5 forum I feel.

Agreed?

FTP SUBACCOUNTS

I want to see FTP Subaccounts as a new feature!

PLEASE!

- Reseller-level creation utilities (so resellers can link a system such as modernbill to Plesk for automated account creation, etc.)

- A basic and advanced interface selection (basic including the odd thing such as FTP password changes, mailbox setup - basically a very simple interface for users who don't have a clue, and standard Plesk interface for those who do - controllable by admin/client/domain level)

- Advanced feature selection (such as not showing any of the hosting stuff if we want to setup an email only domain-level account) - similar to button hiding I guess

- Web user control panel access

- ProFTPd SSL patch

- ClamAV (or qmail-scanner style optional antivirus integration so I can use F-Prot) integration (I know it's been said, but I'm in the sort of mood to want to repeat it)

- Easy-to-configure control panel access so that we can serve Plesk from port 443 on a specific IP rather than messing with httpsd.conf, etc. to bind Plesk to an IP for behind-firewall access when 8443 is blocked

- Password-protected directories for subdomains

- Domain vhost and email aliasing
- aww come on ... you know we need it :p

- Advanced reseller branding (ability to add welcome message to main page of control panel etc.)

- Automated client backups (similar to domain-level, but client-wide)

Originally posted by Cranky
- Reseller-level creation utilities (so resellers can link a system such as modernbill to Plesk for automated account creation, etc.)

- A basic and advanced interface selection (basic including the odd thing such as FTP password changes, mailbox setup - basically a very simple interface for users who don't have a clue, and standard Plesk interface for those who do - controllable by admin/client/domain level)

- Advanced feature selection (such as not showing any of the hosting stuff if we want to setup an email only domain-level account) - similar to button hiding I guess

- Web user control panel access

- ProFTPd SSL patch

- ClamAV (or qmail-scanner style optional antivirus integration so I can use F-Prot) integration (I know it's been said, but I'm in the sort of mood to want to repeat it)

- Easy-to-configure control panel access so that we can serve Plesk from port 443 on a specific IP rather than messing with httpsd.conf, etc. to bind Plesk to an IP for behind-firewall access when 8443 is blocked

- Password-protected directories for subdomains

- aww come on ... you know we need it :p

- Advanced reseller branding (ability to add welcome message to main page of control panel etc.)

- Automated client backups (similar to domain-level, but client-wide)

AMEN!!

ohw and

this option is requested all the time!

Ability to choose: automatic update (to stable), atomatic update (to latest) or manual update. (into autoupdater preferences)

Ability to prevent user 'nobody' from sending out mail to remote addresses.

Originally posted by proserve
AMEN!!

ohw and

this option is requested all the time!

This is wat i want to be in Plesk too :D :(

Originally posted by gbjbaanb
I'd rather plesk could simply integrate APF and provide a web interface to the apf.conf file.

As far as I can see, the AFP firewall does not support multiple Ethernet adapters. At least not with the default script.

And since many servers, including all of mine, have multiple ehternet adapters, this could be a problem.

I'm not sure if Plesk 7.5's built-in firewall copes with this situation either mind you!

Faris.

Being useless with command line stuff (a friend does it for me), the auto-updater is an excellent feature.

A naive question, perhaps, but could this feature's functionality be extended to enable selective updating of various services - eg php - from within the Plesk interface?

Also, could the status field be a little more specific? I believe that not all options are freely available - some require an additional licence. It would be nice to see this specified by each of the recommended components, so I know which components I am free to install and which require a further purchase.

What hansm said about Webalizer too - the current referrer stats are useless and is, as I understand it, a simple fix for a long-standing issue.

I'm sure someone better qualified can tell me why any of these would be bad ideas!

I'd like to see the ability to add additional ports to the traffic monitoring... if I have a user running a shoutcast, the bandwidth that it uses does not count towards the users monthly quota... which in a way says that Plesk is inaccurately reporting usage.

Sophisticated User Options

I think there should be a more sophisticated user options for enabling/disabling access to certain features. For instance, allow the ability to disable password changes, spam changes, etc on a user basis and on a client basis. For instance, I use third party programs to help with billing and I really don't like the radius server having one password and the Plesk server having a separate password. Or, I might not want customers turning off their mailboxes, and so disabling access to this feature would be good. Basically, just more options on a user/client/reseller basis for disabling/enabling access.

Also, the option to grey out the disabled item or even have it disappear and the other options fill up the space where that option was previously.

Livemon

I've configerued my plesk server to run livemon stats instead of webalizer stats...

its easy to do.. and i can probably get you a discount with those guys over these at livemon.com

-Mike

Back