• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Feature-requests for Plesk 7.1's successor

There's alot of documentation resolving the issue when sending email through smtp is slow, and works great after adding a switch to the smtp script for xinetd, but when changing the blacklist options, everything you manually had to change goes away. It would be great if that could get fixed so I don't have to keep reentering this stupid manual patch.

Originally posted by matt.simpson
Maybe in the Windows version, not in the real version :D

~Matt

It would be very usefull for the *nix version as there are many businesses that use asp.net and being able to offer asp.net to my clients would benifit both them and me.

Also it would be nice if swsoft could include mysql or at least the option of including mysql cmd into chrooted accounts.

Originally posted by Jason Lee
It would be very usefull for the *nix version as there are many businesses that use asp.net and being able to offer asp.net to my clients would benifit both them and me.

Okay, it would be useful for some companies; however, if all of their site was done in .NET, they would likely want to host their website on a Windows server. Wait, besides that, I'm pretty sure it's not even possible anymore to host MS-ASP on Unix/Linux. It used to be done through Chillisoft, but now Sun bought it and incorporated it into Sun One. So yeah, I don't think it's even possible.

~Matt

Another thing that would be nice is...

bin, var, ect, usr folders only created for domains with shell accounts instead of every account (should be simple enough for swsoft to do)

I think that AWSTATS needs to be added to the unix versiona asap, i mean, why is it in the windows and not unix? i dont understand.

I've got customers screaming at me because i used to run AWSTATS and webablizer is PANTS!

Support of /25 range of IP addresses

I have a /25 of Ip addresses and there is no support for this.

So I have to manually write my DNS files.

Very Discouraging

When you say a /25, do you mean the CIDR mask? Does 255.255.255.128 subnet not work?

Please change the entry in the domains http.include file when coldfusionmx support is turned on.

[Sun Oct 31 04:04:37 2004] [notice] jrApache[init] "JRunConfig Ssl" ignored for virtual server since it must be set at the global level.

This is what I get everytime apache restarts, there are 350 domains all complaining about the JRunConfig Ssl when it doen not need to be included in the vhosts files, you only need to specify this when using the main config inside of the httpd.conf file which we are not using in this arrangment.

The real problem is that it is making my logs huge, and slowing down the reloading of the apache server quite bad.

Please remove that line.

I have 2 ips that are my registered name servers.

I then have an IP range of xx.xxx.x.0 through 127 routed to those IP's The IP range has been delegated to me by my upstream provider. Thinks work fone going forward but a reverse lookup for the ip range fails.

There is no control for /25 in CP (24 is as small as it goes).

There is no zone file In Named Conf for the IP range.
(something similar to this should be there)

zone "25/0.2.179.66.in-addr.arpa" in {
type master;
file "25-0.x.xxx.xx.in-addr.arpa";
};

$TTL 86400

And the file that is pointed to:

25-0.x.xxx.xx.in-addr.arpa. IN SOA
ns1.domain.com. postmaster.ns1.domain.com. (
1083656332 ; Serial
10800 ; Refresh
3600 ; Retry
604800 ; Expire
86400 ) ; Minimum

25-0.2.179.66.in-addr.arpa. IN NS ns1.domain.com.
1.25-0.x.xxx.xx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR adomain.com.
2.25-0.x.xxx.xx.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR otherdomain.com.

Or something like that.

So once agai revers DNS lookup fails as there is no support for /25. Lots of Lame servers. General fun to be had.

Is there support for /25 that I am missing?
Sorry I don't know what a CDIR is.

Thanks for the insight.

:rolleyes:

Did you actually register those IPs from ARIN or RIPE? I doubt it because I don't think they hand out those small of blocks. I don't think they even split class Cs.

If not, you shouldn't be worried about the reverse DNS on that level. It is my understanding that your upstream provider handles that. At least, that's how ours is. We have a few /25s (128 blocks) from our provider that have been delegated to our router and reverse DNS is not a problem for us. As far as I understand, at this level the rDNS is only to help local lookups. Using /24 doesn't seem to cause any problems here.

Delivered-To Header Problem. My wish is that the Delivered-To problem be fixed.

example

Delivered-To: [email protected]

Developers, please remove the number in front of the email. It is the most annoying thing. I had to add to all my 200 emails an 8- in front of every email so that it routes properly to my exchange server.

Originally posted by waremock
Delivered-To Header Problem. My wish is that the Delivered-To problem be fixed.

example

Delivered-To: [email protected]

Developers, please remove the number in front of the email. It is the most annoying thing. I had to add to all my 200 emails an 8- in front of every email so that it routes properly to my exchange server.

This is how qMail handles internal mail delivery, it's not a Plesk thing. Did you turn off the "Mail" feature for the domain you're trying to route to the exchange server?

~Matt

I actually use the the mail feature. I have a catch all mailbox for my domain. all the mail then gets pulled by my exchange gateway and then it gets delivered to my exchange server. I do this so that I have 3 points where I can scan for viruses before it gets to the end users.

Is there a way to eliminate qmail from adding that 8- in front of each email?

Originally posted by waremock
I actually use the the mail feature. I have a catch all mailbox for my domain. all the mail then gets pulled by my exchange gateway and then it gets delivered to my exchange server. I do this so that I have 3 points where I can scan for viruses before it gets to the end users.

Is there a way to eliminate qmail from adding that 8- in front of each email?
Nope. Not that I'm aware of. You scan e-mail three times for viruses? That's a bit overkill isn't it?

~Matt

I know, but my employer is a bit paranoid. I use f-prot on the plesk server, Norton on the exchange gateway and Panda on the exchange server. I also do SPAM filtering.

Where should I go for help on this issue?

I would like to eventually see Plesk integrated with a radius application and billing application so that it can serve exclusively as the solution for people like me. I provide dial-up and broadband and I have to use three systems - one for billing - one for authentication - and Plesk for mail and personal websites.

Back