• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Feature-requests for Plesk 7.1's successor

C

Cranky

Feature-requests for Plesk 7.5's successor

I thought I would create a new feature-request thread for the next release of Plesk since Plesk 7.1 has entered public beta. No point mixing things up in the thread that have made it to Plesk ... better to keep future and existing features separate.

Features previously requested for, and implemented in Plesk 7.1:

- Automated update system
- Antivirus integration
- Backup utilities in line with Plesk release schedule
- Safari support
- Domain-user DNS permissions
- Protected stats (webstat, webstat-ssl, ftpstats, etc.)
- International domain names (IDN) support
- Move forward in minor releases (7.0->7.1)
- Better upgrade tools
- Migration from other CP tools
- MySQL 4 support
- Automated domain backup system
- Automated reporting (monthly email saying who exceeded usage)
- Easier skinnability
- Pre-DNS domain previewing

Plus a LOT more! Thanks for listening!

Features requested and harvested from old threads, but not yet implemented:

- AWStats as an option alongside webalizer
- DSpam integration
- Reseller creating sub-resellers user hierarchy
- Stats for subdomains
- Branded webmail
- Language packs inclusive in cost
- Multiple FTP logins
- Hard-disk quota in "limits" section
- Separate DNS templates for each Client
- Circular/notifications system to communicate with clients, domain users and email users - with reseller support
- Per-client trouble ticket controls (e.g. admin can switch it off for his clients, but his clients can use it for his domain users)
- Zope support
- More application vault scripts
- Domain aliases
- Remote access MySQL option per-db
- Moving clients to a predefined template rather than manually adjusting limits to change package
- Suspended domain holding page when domain switched "off"
- Vhost.conf updates via CP
- Urchin integration (like Urchin integration currently is)
- SPF DNS entries (http://spf.pobox.com)
- Rollover data transfer (10GB transfer over any time period before being charged for more, no more 10gb/month, etc.)
- Automated server backup system
- Improved spamassassin support (e.g. score <1 = normal, 1-3 = tagged, 3+ = deleted) and also option to forward spam to a second mailbox
- Subdomain/webuser password-protected directories
- Subdomain/webuser frontpage support
- GnuPG support
- phpsuexec support (Running PHP scripts as the user, like CGI)
- Client overselling support (useful occasionally, but not that often)
- Hard data transfer limits (overuse transfer and your site switches to holding page)
- Outlook automatic email account installer generator
- Additional webmail options (choose between IMP/Horde, squirrelmail, etc.)
- Database user sharing ... 1 user for more than 1 database

If I missed anything or you think of anything else, post it below. :)

Feature request

multiple users with same name in control panel - At the moment you can't add a client with the same name (eg: John Smith). Usernames I can understand, but there is in my view no need for client names to be limited/error checked.

- Shoutcast streaming integration (live streaming)
- Darwin streaming integration (streaming from playlist)

mod_bandwidth

- mod_bandwidth integration for limiting bandwidth to some domains/clients

Regards
Joao Correia

I think some kind of domain registration tool would be great. I know there is obviously myPlesk but to be honest I think that is pretty poor when you look at the quality of products such as whoiscart.

Also, how about a better integration to spamassasin. More functonality would be nice and to enable key phrase searches as opposed to just "Training" the engine.

- Master Control Panel On/Off switch to control whether clients can log in or not (like forum software has) which would be useful prior to and after upgrades.

- Jabber support might be a pretty cool option to be able to offer your clients. Their own IM server, with transports to AIM, ICQ, MSN, etc etc. (http://www.jabber.org)

Very good suggestions up there Cranky.

~Matt Simpson

Ability to have the central webmail covered by a domain's own SSL certificate instead of the default PLESK certificate.
-Involves having additional entries coded into each domain's httpd.include file pointing to the central install.

Ability to add protected directories to subdomains.

- Option to hide Greyed-out buttons.
- /webstat and /ftpstat only viewable within Plesk.
- Option to add the DB username as a required prefix.

Everything else seems to be covered!

Do NOT require each domain to have their own FTP login. IE allow us to setup a client FTP/SFTP login and then store ALL of the domains under it.

Domain aliassing

- Add muliple domains to the same hosting setup. Domainaliassing

- Multiple users with administrative rights

- Authorisation for ticketsystem, so you can add people for your helpdesk.

#1: AWstats integration, a.s.a.p. because WebAlizer is not reliable. It's displaying for some customer 6x the real bandwith :( If i move the logfile to another server with AWstats, than is it displaying the real amount of bandwith usage,

It's good to see that 7.1 will be fix and add features! Thank you! Keep up the good work!

- FrontPage and FTP logins optionally use same login details (click a checkbox to copy the details from FTP to the frontpage fields, or just automatically do it greying out the frontpage fields when the checkboxes clicked). (Plesk 7 for Windows uses same login for both)
- Option to have httpdocs and httpsdocs merged per-domain, e.g. checkbox makes http and https both serve files from the same directory

Cranky - The Frontpage login is the same under Windows because the system accounts are used by Frontpage. However, not being on Windows, all the other versions use a seperate file for authentication.

It would be possible, but I would keep it simple and force the same FTP/Frontpage username/password as the windows version does.

It would be possible, but I would keep it simple and force the same FTP/Frontpage username/password as the windows version does.

I was thinking more about backwards compatability really ... if we are allowed to control the transition like we could with the email accounts (compound and simple) that would be fine. But yeah, they should be the same.

Personally, I dont think there needs to be a transition with the frontpage user/pass. The form would start to get complex, and 99% of our clients always use the same user/pass for both anyway!

I could live with either, and you're probably right. If they default to the FTP user/pass that would be fine.

have rollover transfer, where you have a monthly transfer and allow to set max rollover. Like they have 60GB/mo, and they only use 20GB, and the max rollover is 15GB, so they'll have 60GB next month plus the 15GB rolled over for 75GB next month.

@Cranky do you know what has been implemented in the "new" PLESK 7.1 Application Pack?

Thx!

Since there is now a trouble ticketing system addon, I think it would be nice to also have a "Live Support" addon option in the CP. Like an IRC chat window in the CP where sessioned clients could interact with logged in admin or support staff.

Streaming media support has been requested by our clients many time, and mention much in the forums.

Another nice thing to have:

I would be nice if the Plesk interface supports the abillity to choose with ACL rights a created database user should have... (at leat in MySQL as its very simple to implement a point and click interface that supports it).

Its not uncommon to have a general database user thats used to access the database on a restricted (select only) basis and only permit an 'administrator' user to do deletes.

Plus the ability to register ACL for other allowed hosts than localhost...

//Geert

Originally posted by PixyPumpkin
@Cranky do you know what has been implemented in the "new" PLESK 7.1 Application Pack?

Thx!

There's just 2 differences really:

1) The addition of Plesk Professional Website Editor (an add-on I believe)
2) You can now restrict access to apps per-domain

Back