• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Feedback Form message FROM field...?????

swopedesign

Regular Pleskian
Messages received from the server using the SB Feedback Form show that the messages were sent from [email protected]. This is a problem, in that most people REPLY to these messages, and this email address displaying in the FROM field is not a valid email. The response is just bounced back to them.

Now, this can't be how this form is supposed to work, right? How does one get the respondents email address in the FROM/REPLY TO fields in the message from the Feedback Form?

All suggestions appreciated.

I have sent you the patch for this situation to your e-mail address. After applying the patch in 'From' filed there should be first e-mail address which is found in Feedback Form. So in this case it is suggested to add this 'E-mail' field into the form (by default it is added) and make it as required.
Try to apply the patch and let me know how everything goes.

Will try the patch and respond

I will apply the patch and respond whether it fixes the problem with the Feedback form.

Patch did not fix the problem

The patch provided did not fix the problem. I have the email field as required, and specified as Visitor's Email (which I think is the default), in the form. The result is the same. No change.

As a side note, the patch to fix users logging in being taken to the create a site page instead of the admin page does not work either. I applied this patch months ago, but it did not work. It is a minor nuisance only, but perhaps it means something that it does not work either?

I have the applied patch file to email to admin

Let me know where to send the patched file for this thread. Since there is no change after applying this patch, I want to be sure that the patch has indeed been applied. According to my sys admin, it has been applied.

Sorry, for this confusing. I though you have Sitebuilder v.4 but I just noted that this is thread for Sitebuilder v.3. Please turn back changed which were applied.
I have sent you correct patch for v.3. Before applying this patch it is suggested to make copies for <sb_root>/resources/modules/include/SB/Modules/Email.php
<sb_root>/resources/modules/include/Modules/Feedback.php

After that apply the patch. Let me know about the results.

Patch still makes no difference

We have applied the latest patch provided without any difference in the message that is sent from the feedback form (i.e. the from email address and reply to email address are still anonymouse@SERVERNAME, not the visitor's email input into the form).

What next?

Still same result...no change

The server admins have installed the latest patch but the results are the same. No change at all. I have re-done the form and republished the site, on the off chance that that would help. It did not. I have confirmed with the admins that they have installed the patch according to the provided instructions. They report twice that they have. So we're back at square one. What now?

Latest patch DOES work!

To get the latest patch to work, I had to delete the existing form, not just edit it, and then recreate a new form (same as the original, just new), and publish the site. It appears that the code which generates the email message is not replaced unless the form is removed and then recreated.

This patch should be posted for other users. That the FROM email address is actually the email address of the Visitor (when that Visitor's Email Address field is used) is a huge benefit to most people who will receive and respond to messages from web sites.

Thanks for posting the issue in the knowledgebase

This is SWSoft's greatest weakness...the lack of information in the knowledgebase regarding SiteBuilder. So thanks for posting this in the knowledgebase.

You need to add new module on your site. Old module should be deleted and new one added instead of previous one. Only after these actions patch will be applied completely.

Does this problem occur in SiteBuilder 4, too?

Does anyone know if this problem occurs in SiteBuilder 4 as well? Or has it been corrected in SiteBuilder 4 (no patch required)?

SiteBuilder Email Form Module After Updates

SWSoft (aka Parallels) has provided patches to fix the FROM email field in the email form module as early as v3. It is now v 4.2, but the patch STILL seems to have to be applied to get this form to work in an industry standard manner. Why is this? If the patch is so easy to apply, why can't these updates be made when SiteBuilder is updated to the next .x release? I'm a harsh critic, I know, but must we really go in search of patches after every .x update to fix what is apparently simple to fix but is not being supplied with the minor updates?

Perhaps this problem has been fixed in the 4.2 update so no further patches must be manually applied by software owners?

Back