• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

File Sharing Error

PatrickSR

New Pleskian
Plesk 10.3.1/10.4.4 When I go to the File Sharing tab for a domain I get the following error: Internal error: The directory does not exists "admin"

When I click on the menu item More>Add Folder I see the following: New folder will be created inside the following folder: Personal/admin

Looking at the website in IIS, I see the applicatrion created when I created the subscription. The virtual directory is files, and points to vhosts/fs. Inside the fs folder I do not see a folder personal/admin. I do see private/admin.

I'm assuming this is why I am getting this error. The control panel is looking for personal/admin buit should be looking for private /admin.

Whats the best way to fix this...rename the fs folder structure to personal/admin? It seems this is a bug in the control panel.

Thanks
Patrick

I tried restructuring the virtual directory private/admin to personal/admin but it did not work. It seems plesk is not configuring this right when it creates new websites. Is this a known bug? Let me know if you need any more info

Plesk Panel 10.3.1/10.4.4, Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 / and R2 SP1, Intel Core2 Duo 64bit (Same error on both OS configurations)

Steps to reproduce
1) Create a new subscription
2) View the domain in Power User View
3) Select the File Sharing Tab

Expected Result
The root file sharing folder is listed with no errors

Actual Result
The following error is produced: Internal error: The directory does not exists "admin"

I have not found any mentions about similar error in our internal resources. Therefore I have forwarded your report to developers for the further investigation. I will keep this thread updated with any results of investigation.

Thank you. Please let me know if any further information is required, or the dev team would llike access to my installation.

WORKAROUND:

Please check folder:
vhosts\fs\private\

It has to contain folder with name like '573cc4985acd77b07113ada490b4c9ba'.
To recreate this folder just use command:

"%plesk_bin%\file-sharing.exe" --sync

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the update, unfortunately it did not resolve the issue. I looked into the fs/private folder and there is a folder already 55f8eca04dad52a6294923ae0e5a37c0. I also ran
"%plesk_bin%\file-sharing.exe" --sync from the cmd prompt, but it still does not work.

From the File Sharing Tab
When I click on Personal Files I get: Internal error: The directory does not exist "admin".
When I click on Shared Files I get: Internal error: The directory does not exist "".
When I click on Public Files I get: Internal error: The directory does not exist "".

See the attached panel image.

Could this possibly be a permissions issue?

BTW: I am logged in as admin user

Attachments

• fs_error_img.jpg
    fs_error_img.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Go to 'Tools & Settings' -> 'File Sharing Settings' and try to switch domain in 'Web Folder root URL'.
Also try to change Panel admin password in 'My Profile' -> 'Change Password' (it recreates system 'admin' login which is used to access File Sharing folders).

Igor,

I tried both suggestions but still not resolved.

I notice when I hover over the Retry link, or any of the menu items (Personal, Shared, or Public) that the browsers status line is showing the following root url:

https://mydomain.com:8443/smb/file/index/type/

It does not exist. At least not in the vhosts file structure. There is a '<plesk_install_dir>/admin/smb/application'.

Shouldn't this be pointing to https://mydomain.com:8443/fs/admin?

Is there a setting in the psa database that would allow me to change this?

FYI: I am running plesk on a windows server

Thanks
Patrick

Back