• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

File Sharing not available for domain

Scott.B

Basic Pleskian
I have several domains setup in plesk, however there is one domain that does not have the File Sharing Tab when I go to Domains and open up that domain.

If I go to Tools and Settings/ File Sharing Settings the domain isn't even available to select as the Web Folder Root.

The only thing I see different with this domain and the others is that this domain is associated to a customer where as the other domains are not.

How can I get a domain associated to Customer to be able to have the File Sharing option available to it.

OK so how would I go about removing the domain in question from the customer without removing it from Plesk all together?

Is that possible or would I have to do a backup, remove domain from customer and then add it back in under subscriptions and then do a restore?

Either I am blind or I am missing something but in the instructions to move the customer to the administrator account, I don't have the "move to" option.

Instructions are as follows
You can move customer accounts to another reseller or to the administrator.

To move a customer account to another owner:

1. Go to Customers and click the <Customer Name> in the list.
  2. Click Move to.
  3. Select the name of a new owner (reseller or administrator).
  4. Select the service plan.
    To preserve the resource allotments, permissions, and applications that are available to a customer, leave the Custom plan selected.

5. Click OK.

As noted I do not have a move to option in the either customer list or when I click on the customer, please see attached images.
Customers1.jpg Customers2.jpg

Hi @Skott.B!

File Sharing is available only for administrator subscriptions.

I suppose what you really want in your case is to move subscription to admin account:
Go to subscription > Select your customer's subscription > Click "Change subscriber" > Select Administrator > follow the wizard

Perfect this resolved the issue I was having.

Thank you everyone for your support.

Hi @Skott.B!

File Sharing is available only for administrator subscriptions.

I suppose what you really want in your case is to move subscription to admin account:
Go to subscription > Select your customer's subscription > Click "Change subscriber" > Select Administrator > follow the wizard

Back