• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FileShare email links not working with MSMTP relay only mailserver

Scott.B

Basic Pleskian
We were using the mailserver on our linux install, but have since changed over to an ms exchange server. With that I removed the mailserver and installed MSMTP relay only mailserver (SMTP client) option.

I configured the External SMTP Server settings under Tools & Settings / Mail with a valid email address password host name and port of 587. When I save it says settings saved.

Since doing this I have been unable to use the email link option for share files in the file share portion of my domain. When I try to select a user from the list to send the email to or even type an external email all I get is the error "Unable to send email".

When I checked the maillog file in /usr/local/psa/var/log, I get this error "Jun 20 15:42:59 u16271698 msmtp: host=smtp.1and1.com tls=off auth=on [email protected] from=psaadm [email protected] errormsg='cannot use a secure authentication method' exitcode=EX_UNAVAILABLE"

Where I have proper emails configured where I placed "[email protected]"

How can I get this working with the MSMTP relay only mailserver (SMTP client) option installed?

Last edited:
OK well I have an update to this problem, seems all emails from the server including cron job, drweb emails and even the autoinstaller emails have stopped working.

Does anyone have some input for me on how I can fix this?

I don't mean to impatient and I know this is a community and everyone here helps out of their own time and it is greatly appreciated. But can someone please help me with this issue, its been a week with no a single reply.

Back