1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Forward mail to gmail cant receive from itself

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Andy_N, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Andy_N

Andy_N New Pleskian

85%
    I've set a mail account on a custom domain in Plesk with no mailbox at all, forwarding all messages to an external account at gmail where I've change the settings so I'm able to send mails from this custom account (as coming from "mydomain"). Everything's fine, but I can't send mails (withing gmail) to myself: nothing arrives, no error or warning and logs state all is ok... I'm not sure what to check.

2. markduncan

markduncan New Pleskian

I can confirm the same problem exists in 11.0.9 Update #33. Mails sent from gmail to a mail account that is set to forward to a gmail address don't arrive.

Is there any fix for this as this is causing me considerable problems?

3. tanius

tanius New Pleskian

If this only happens when sending e-mails from a GMail account to the same GMail account, via a forwarder loop, it's not a Plesk problem.

It's a GMail problem ... no, "feature". Google gmail forward to yourself and look through the mess. See for example this 250 post thread.

A Google employee explains it like this:

They thought it's a bright idea, but it is horrible when you test a forwarder by mailing the forwarder from the same account that it will forward to, and ar enot aware of this "anti-duplicate policy" ... happened to us today ...