• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forward mail to gmail cant receive from itself

Andy_N

New Pleskian
I've set a mail account on a custom domain in Plesk with no mailbox at all, forwarding all messages to an external account at gmail where I've change the settings so I'm able to send mails from this custom account (as coming from "mydomain"). Everything's fine, but I can't send mails (withing gmail) to myself: nothing arrives, no error or warning and logs state all is ok... I'm not sure what to check.

I can confirm the same problem exists in 11.0.9 Update #33. Mails sent from gmail to a mail account that is set to forward to a gmail address don't arrive.

Is there any fix for this as this is causing me considerable problems?

If this only happens when sending e-mails from a GMail account to the same GMail account, via a forwarder loop, it's not a Plesk problem.

It's a GMail problem ... no, "feature". Google gmail forward to yourself and look through the mess. See for example this 250 post thread.

A Google employee explains it like this:

"Normally, if you're sending mail to a mailing list that you subscribe to, these messages will only appear in 'Sent Mail.' The same thing will happen if you send an email address that automatically forwards mail back to your Gmail address. This way you don't get the same message twice in multiple places." [source]

They thought it's a bright idea, but it is horrible when you test a forwarder by mailing the forwarder from the same account that it will forward to, and ar enot aware of this "anti-duplicate policy" ... happened to us today ...

Back