• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP backup failing with "Failed sending data to the peer"

MaximilianW

New Pleskian
Two servers running Windows Server 2008 R2 and Plesk 11.5.30 MU #33 are running into the same problem with my daily FTP backup.

Problem is, the backup is fine as such, but the upload fails with the following error message:

Cannot export dump file 'backup_info_1402241551.xml' to 'ftp://[email protected]//' [Transport error: unable to send directory to repository: Transport error: unable to put local file C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\PrivateTemp/repo_transport_tmp_01cf317215755ec0\backup_1402241551.zip4 to backup_1402241551.zip4: Curl error: Failed sending data to the peer]

This happens 99% of the time, just every now and then a file is put correctly onto the personal FTP repository. :(

I suspected the remote FTP server to be the problem and so I cut the backup file into 150mb portions. Some of them are put onto the remote FTP server, but after some files the connection is closed by my two servers (not the remote FTP!).

However, I temporarily changed by backup remote FTP to another server but the problem is the same.

Has anybody an idea what to do about this?

Thanks!
- Max

Another question:

Within Plesk I set up that passive mode will be used for FTP transfer.

Within the registry I can see that the "FtpPassiveMode" DWORD value is "0".

Is that correct?

have you checked the disk space on server? normally you get the error when server disk space gets full.

Back