• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue FTP Backup: "Restore the backup file despite a corrupted signature"

Daniel Slyman

Basic Pleskian
My dear Plesk community, I call upon you once again in these dark days to help me solve another quest on my path of being a hosting provider.

It seems as though I cannot successfully create backups on an external FTP space (Hetzner) without causing a "corrupted signature". This is the first time I am attempting to use an external FTP space as I had used Backblaze in the past.

I have tried FTPS and passive mode. Is this normal behavior? Also a German instance with the same message would translate slightly different. In English it sounds as if the error is already there, whereas in German it's more in the sense of 'if we find an error, should we continue?'

Please help me so I can level up and advance to the next stage.

English:
Restore the backup file despite a corrupted signature
Restore this backup despite the fact that it does not have a valid signature

German:
Backupdatei trotz fehlerhafter Signatur wiederherstellen
Backup wiederherstellen, auch wenn es keine gültige Signatur besitzt

With Love,
Daniel

Last edited:
The checkbox that asks whether a backup that does not have a valid signature shall be restored appears on all restoration settings, regardless whether the signature is indeed corrupt or not. It is an option by which you can ensure that only backups that were done on the same system (that have the same signature that is stored on the system) will be restored so that a backup that was tampered with or that is from a different system cannot accidentally overwrite anything on the restore target.

So unless you are seeing an error message during the restore process that complains about a bad signature, you will be alright doing the restore.

I am receiving the same error. That's not the solution and reason. Why am I receiving this message and How to fix that, please? There is also such a message "Warning: Some of the files in the storage FTP are not shown in the list because the names of those files do not conform to the naming convention of backup files. If you are sure that those files are valid backups, rename them to match the following pattern: "backup_<YYMMDDHHmm>.tar"

@mahirbarut What "same error" is that exactly? Could you please describe your case in detail, preferrably in a new thread, because it may not be the same error at all.

What is your question on the second part of your post? Have you alread checked which files your FTP storage contains? Do they all match the Plesk naming convention for backups? The software says they do not.

@mahirbarut What "same error" is that exactly? Could you please describe your case in detail, preferrably in a new thread, because it may not be the same error at all.

What is your question on the second part of your post? Have you alread checked which files your FTP storage contains? Do they all match the Plesk naming convention for backups? The software says they do not.
Ekran Resmi 2024-01-23 12.14.39.pngI receive this warning in the backup manager and when I try to restore it says" Restore the backup file despite a corrupted signature sir Ekran Resmi 2024-01-23 12.15.33.png

You try to restore a backup that was not created on the Plesk installation where you try to restore it to. You can do that, but in order to avoid accidentally overwriting server related configurations this dialog asks you to confirm it.

You try to restore a backup that was not created on the Plesk installation where you try to restore it to. You can do that, but in order to avoid accidentally overwriting server related configurations this dialog asks you to confirm it.
Thank you, my server providers set the FTP settings, I think that error occurs as they keep the storage in their own system.

Back