• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ftp problems after upgrade to 8.4

J

jamesp

Since I have upgraded to Plesk 8.4 I can not ftp into any of the accounts on my server. I keep getting "Failed to establish data socket". I have checked the server log files and they do not show me even connecting to the server with any ftp program. I looked at the proftpd.conf file and there is nothing in there that looks any different then the backup copy that I have here on my local machine. I have tried CuteFTP, WSFTP Pro from a Windows XP machine and gftp from my CentOS machine and I get the same general error messages.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,

it is possible that the ftp service is not running, or that a firewall is blocking access.

Have you tried restarting the server (a bit drastic)? or just

service psa stopall

then

service psa start

(and service psa startall if necessary if something doesn't start)

Faris.

it is possible that the ftp service is not running, or that a firewall is blocking access.

Have you tried restarting the server (a bit drastic)? or just

service psa stopall

then

service psa start

(and service psa startall if necessary if something doesn't start)

Faris.

Have tried to restart initd, as well as psa. I also rebooted the entire server. I will have to submit a support ticket with my server host to see if they can figure it out.

I hope they can get an answer from Plesk.

Back