• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved FTP Storage Settings for Backup with FTPS not working!

Daniel

New Pleskian
Hello,

since the upgrade to 17.5 i have an issue with my server Backup that doesn't allow me to use is with FTPS anymore (plain FTP is working). It seems that this is a problem that points to 17.5 because it was working with 17.0 without any problems.

If i try to save the settings i got the following error message:
Error: Unable to operate the storage: Transport error: unable to delete file: Curl error: (35) SSL connect error: Last FTP request: NLST Last FTP response: 150 Opening data channel for directory listing of "/check0"
Check that you have permissions to delete files from the storage. You can check it independently with the commands:
echo 123 | curl -T - --ftp-create-dirs -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u backup ftp://xxx.de/./test-dir/test-file.txt
curl -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u backup ftp://xxx.de/./test-dir/test-file.txt -Q '-DELE test-file.txt'

The FTP-Account has full permissions to the directory so there should be no problem with adding or deleting files and folders.

Kind regards
Daniel

Hello,

since the upgrade to 17.5 i have an issue with my server Backup that doesn't allow me to use is with FTPS anymore (plain FTP is working). It seems that this is a problem that points to 17.5 because it was working with 17.0 without any problems.

If i try to save the settings i got the following error message:
Error: Unable to operate the storage: Transport error: unable to delete file: Curl error: (35) SSL connect error: Last FTP request: NLST Last FTP response: 150 Opening data channel for directory listing of "/check0"
Check that you have permissions to delete files from the storage. You can check it independently with the commands:
echo 123 | curl -T - --ftp-create-dirs -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u backup ftp://xxx.de/./test-dir/test-file.txt
curl -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u backup ftp://xxx.de/./test-dir/test-file.txt -Q '-DELE test-file.txt'

The FTP-Account has full permissions to the directory so there should be no problem with adding or deleting files and folders.

Kind regards
Daniel
Hi,

I'm having the same issue.

However, if I do commands manually on server they work.

Hoiw can this be fixed?

I'm not having backups because of this.

Can someone help please?

1. Make sure you have 17.5.3 MU8 or above installed
  2. Add the option ftpForbidReuseConnection to the file /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini
    Code:
    [pmm]
    ftpForbidReuseConnection = 1

Hi i'm sorry but the issue still exists under ‪Debian 8.9‬ with Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #15, last updated on July 30, 2017 12:31 PM could someone please advise?

Hi i'm sorry but the issue still exists under ‪Debian 8.9‬ with Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #15, last updated on July 30, 2017 12:31 PM could someone please advise?
Did you add the option ftpForbidReuseConnection?

Hi Denis,
yes i also try it with the ftpForbidReuseConnection = 1 option.
What FTP server do you use (ProFTPD, vsftpd ...)? Could you attempt to use another FTP server? Also make sure the option ftpForbidReuseConnection = 1 is in [pmm] section and there is only its definition.

Hello, I'm using the ProFTPD and yes it had only this setting with the section in my configuration but I still got the same error message while trying to switch to a secure connection. As described above the manual test works fine! Another question is how could I maybe contact the support directly for an issue like this cause it is not possible if I bought the software via a reseller and I'm sure that the reseller could not solve an issue like that.

Kind regards
Daniel

Could someone of the Plesk Team please re-open a support ticket for me the first one didn't solve the issue and has been closed?!

Kind regards
Daniel

Could someone of the Plesk Team please re-open a support ticket for me the first one didn't solve the issue and has been closed?!

Kind regards
Daniel
What do you mean "re-open a support ticket"? Have you submitted ticket to official Plesk Support Team here Plesk Help Center ? What is Ticket ID?

Back