• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Full Backup (Plesk + OS)

Thank for your reply Kaspar.
So the only way to take backup the settings from the server (os) and from plesk is Veeam and Acronis ?
No. I am sure there are many more solutions available. I am just not familiar with any other.

@tanasis If you want to backup the whole server including operating system components, add-ons such as individually installed software, extensions and settings etc., then please refer to one of the backup solutions mentioned by the other users who participated in this thread. They are all well seasoned, so their advice is very good advice you should consider.

As last option if you not want install or pay any software you can use rsync

If you want use rsync, you may want to clone your entery server in a virtualbox machine or any orther virtual enviroment and have a working copy if you use correct configuration, that may works, not as special backup software but will work

Try it with your own risk you may need use -H -X --one-file-system --numeric-ids

I recomend you do it in side virtual machine and copy all you have and last pass with mysql server stoped.

But I strongly reocomend you use special software for that as acronis or veem

Back