• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Full migrate Cpanel to Plesk

Roberto Nunez

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
Staff, do you have any success story about this? I will migrate all accounts, domains, database, mails, from Cpanel to Plesk. Is it possible?

Do you have any tips, attach, etc?

Thanks.

P.D.: I have CentOS 5.5 64Bits, Plesk 9.5.2. Cpanel machine the same CentOS 5.5 64 Bits, Cpanel 11.2

cPanel migration agent is attached.

How to install PMM:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-migration-guide/63301.htm

Plesk 9 PMM has no cPanel migration agent - it must be installed manually.

How to install cPanel migration agent:
1.Go to /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents.
2.Back up existed 'cPanel' and 'shared' dirs.
3.Download cPanel_Plesk9_eagent.tar.gz
4.Extract it to /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents.
5.Other agents may conflict with new 'shared' dir.

How to migrate:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-migration-guide/63302.htm

Attachments

• cPanel_Plesk9_eagent.tar.gz
    192.3 KB · Views: 224

How to install PMM:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-migration-guide/63301.htm

How to migrate:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-migration-guide/63302.htm

Hello Igor,
I try all steps but I get these result when I try transfer some domains to Plesk:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result status="success"><object name="zettaingenieria.com" type="domain"><object name="zettaing_webzetta" type="database"><message code="FailedDatabaseUserDeployment" severity="error"><context>virtual void plesk::DatabaseUserDeployer::act(plesk::XmlNode) const</context><file>./databases.cpp</file><line>278</line><text>Failed deployment of database user zettaing of database zettaing_webzetta</text><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/database.php --update zettaing_webzetta -add_user zettaing -type mysql -print-id -passwd failed with return code 2.
Stderr is
Unable to create database user: User with requested name already exists
</text></message></message><message code="FailedDatabaseUserDeployment" severity="error"><context>virtual void plesk::DatabaseUserDeployer::act(plesk::XmlNode) const</context><file>./databases.cpp</file><line>278</line><text>Failed deployment of database user zettaing_webz of database zettaing_webzetta</text><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/database.php --update zettaing_webzetta -add_user zettaing_webz -type mysql -print-id -passwd failed with return code 2.
Stderr is
</text></message></message></object><object name="zettaing_zettaingenieria" type="database"><message code="FailedDatabaseUserDeployment" severity="error"><context>virtual void plesk::DatabaseUserDeployer::act(plesk::XmlNode) const</context><file>./databases.cpp</file><line>278</line><text>Failed deployment of database user zettaing of database zettaing_zettaingenieria</text><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/database.php --update zettaing_zettaingenieria -add_user zettaing -type mysql -print-id -passwd failed with return code 2.
Stderr is
</text></message></message><message code="FailedDatabaseUserDeployment" severity="error"><context>virtual void plesk::DatabaseUserDeployer::act(plesk::XmlNode) const</context><file>./databases.cpp</file><line>278</line><text>Failed deployment of database user zettaing_webz of database zettaing_zettaingenieria</text><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/database.php --update zettaing_zettaingenieria -add_user zettaing_webz -type mysql -print-id -passwd failed with return code 2.
Stderr is
</text></message></message></object></object><object name="centurioningenieria.com" type="domain"><object name="centurioningenieria.com" type="hosting"><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update centurioningenieria.com -hosting true -hst_type phys -ip 174.133.173.x -webstat true -err_docs true -login centurioningenieria -passwd failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Can't update domain:
Wrong syntax for option's '-login' parameter

</text></message></object><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update centurioningenieria.com -hosting true -hst_type phys -ip 174.133.173.x -login centurioningenieria -passwd failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Can't update domain:
Wrong syntax for option's '-login' parameter

</text></message></object></execution-result>

Do you have any comments about this? PMM only transfer www content, some databases, never any e-mail account, never accounts, only domains.

Regards.

Do you have databases with the same user names on Plesk server before migration?

Igor,
No, I don't have databases with the same user names on Plesk beacause I have few accounts on Plesk with 12 databases at all for server. Is it another issue with cPanel?

Regards.

Did you tried to perform migration to empty fresh installed Plesk server?

I have been successful...

I have successfully migrated two cPanel servers to Plesk 9.5. Initially, I did not have Migration Manager (PMM) installed because I didn't know it existed. However, I was able to move everything over manually. I don't think this is completely possible without command line (i.e. SSH) access to both servers.

Even with PMM, I had to still manually migrate the email accounts and their messages, logs, and even the databases for some reason. All email account and hosting control panel passwords were reset, since I didn't know each of them and did not feel it was worth figuring out how to access them. Also, cPanel wasn't set up with the same client/domain hierarchy, so I also had to manually create clients in Plesk. Unfortunately I also have been unsuccessful in adding additional FTP accounts to client domains; I only was able to create 1 FTP account per domain. I suppose this can only be done via the command line if using Plesk for Linux. (Most of my clients only used 1 www-accessible FTP account anyway.)

Manually migrating hundreds of accounts took a while, but with a little organization I was able to pull it off. I used Microsoft Excel formulas to build UNIX commands to execute via SSH. I used the rsync command quite a bit, along with mail.sh and chown. Just for good measure, I also used cPanel's Backup Wizard and downloaded the tar.gz file onto a local drive just in case something went wrong.

If anyone ever needs help migrating from cPanel to Plesk, I would be glad to provide assistance.

I have successfully migrated two cPanel servers to Plesk 9.5. Initially, I did not have Migration Manager (PMM) installed because I didn't know it existed. However, I was able to move everything over manually. I don't think this is completely possible without command line (i.e. SSH) access to both servers.

If anyone ever needs help migrating from cPanel to Plesk, I would be glad to provide assistance.

Do you want contact me through Pm?

Hi,

I plan to switch hosting providers and the new one does not support cpanel so I'll have to switch to plesk. Moving hundred domains with dozens of email accounts by hand is not doable (well, it is but definitely not reasonable).

So how does this cpanel -> plesk tool works?

Does it recreate the email accounts, aliases, forward, dns zones, databases, web sites, ftp accounts, email messages/folders ?

My experience

With my experience, Plesk Migration Manager did a great job moving over the files and creating the domains. I manually had to migrate the email accounts, and additional FTP users is not a point & click task either, from what I could tell. Perhaps PMM can in fact migrate email and FTP accounts automatically, but that didn't happen for me. But moving the domain with all content in tact made me very happy, because moving tar.gz files using SSH would have taken forever.

To move email account files, etc., I used SSH. I had to reset random passwords to every one of my domain users, since I did not know their existing passwords. It annoyed a few clients, but most did not mind at all. It was still very tedious, but I am happy that PMM at least moved the content and created domains.

Because Plesk has an additional layer that allows Client Accounts to have multiple Domains, you will still need to create each Client, then assign 1 or more domains to each one individually. This is a point and click process, and probably shouldn't happen until you import all of your domains.

Good luck. :)

How to install PMM:

How to migrate:

Hi Igor do you have a Ensim/Parallels Pro agent?

I have successfully migrated two cPanel servers to Plesk 9.5.

I can't thank you enough for this generous offer, which I terribly need.

This is my first shot ever at this migration. I never used Plesk before. 12 years of having websites all with cpanel. now the big change as I am going on my centos 5 dedicated box with 8 GB of RAM.

I managed to get the list of domains to migrate.
When I select those to migrate and push the button to start, it fails saying:

No IP addresses found (IP address mapping)

One possible solution to this is here
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=93457

am frustrated because other users have indicated that after changing that, they still could not get the migraiton to work.

Any lights on this you may shed ?

helllo all
i m new on VPS
i have vps server already installed plesk 9.5.4
but where i download Parallels Plesk Panel Migration Manager Agent installer i did not find it on this link
http://www.parallels.com/download/plesk/utilities
can any one help me .i know may be you laugh on my thick mind
but i realy need help
regards

Just run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller and select Plesk Migration Manager for installation if it is not installed. All necessary packages will be installed.

I also did that installation but seems gaves the same error

I mean that solution did not worked for me.
I am trying to migrate from cpanel to plesk 9.5.4 but nothing

This doesn't work

Parallels continues to sell Plesk 9 licenses, but this migration agent does not function in Plesk 9.5.4. I've tried this agent on at least 1/2 dozen Plesk installs and connecting to at least a dozen different cPanel servers and none work. Despite following IgorG's instructions, the migration attempt will always return:

Error: No migration agents found. Data migration is not available.

The standard logs/migration_handler.log and logs/pmmcli.log show nothing useful at all besides a duplicate of the information supplied in the msession log.

The msession/<session>/migration.log shows nothing useful or errors indicating that I can't communicate with the remote server or that the .bashrc or .bash_profile has anything in it that could cause a parsing error.

My only work around to this lame migration agent is to manually deploy the agent down to the source node, run the dump from command line, transfer the files, and then process them through an already started migration.

Since this has been broken for years, can someone at Parallels either fix it or explain a workaround. Many large hosting companies wish to stay at the 9-dot branch of Parallels for compatibility reasons and need these migration tools to function to board new customers.

Back