• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Geeklog setup issue and open_basedir

N

nhouse

Ok... if you have tackeled this before, I hope you will share your insight and save me a few gray hairs. Heh, I can't afford too many more! Basically, I have 4 or 5 Geeklog installations on a different server (DirectAdmin type) that I have to move to my new Plesk oriented server. Geeklog wants to place it's main files up a level from the public docs. I have read a lot of posts both here and at Geeklog and notice that the main issue is probably connected with the "open_basedir" directory listings...

With that being said... I am lazy, I guess... but I have noticed that 4PSA has a product called Total Domains that says it can let you administer PHP settings per domain from the panel (instead of doing command line stuff). I have looked at their demo and this seems like a way to fix the Geeklog issue for me... and for that matter, any issue where files need to be accessed outside of the public docs area.

Have any of you used this 4PSA product and will it assist me in administering these types of issues? Thanks for your input.. it is greatly appreciated.

Yes, I use TotalDomains and have used it for that purpose. Much more convenient than hand-editing conf files, and saves on typo-induced errors.

That sounds great... do those changes that you customize get overwritten when Plesk is updated?

Back