• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Google Auth + License Expired = ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

GoogleAuth

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
N/A
Plesk version and microupdate number
N/A
Hello,

my license expired and thats why I wanted to login on the CP again to enter the new license key.
The issue is now that once I use my Social Login (Google), Im unable to enter the 2FA.

It loops between
and

Making me unable to login. My server runs on a somewhat older version which makes me unable to contact the support to resolve this issue. This is clearly a bug.
I had the same exact problem on a up2date server where my only luck was that I could renew the old license, so after 24 hours the issue was resolved automatically.
Is there any way to hinder the loop? Im currently unable to enter the server over SSH.

1676304626934.png

It is a known issue of the Google Authenticator extension. Issue ID [EXTGAUTH-5]. It seems that is has occured so very rarely that fixing it has not yet been a top priority.

Instead, the workaround is indeed to login through SSH to disable authenticator.

What is the reason that you cannot use SSH to login to the server? Would your provider be able to do that for you?

It is a known issue of the Google Authenticator extension. Issue ID [EXTGAUTH-5]. It seems that is has occured so very rarely that fixing it has not yet been a top priority.

Instead, the workaround is indeed to login through SSH to disable authenticator.

What is the reason that you cannot use SSH to login to the server? Would your provider be able to do that for you?
Solved, the provider did it for me and afterwards I could enter the license key.
Well I had it on two seperated servers, seems like it always happens once the license expires. Obviously its easy to fix for someone with the SSH access, just run the disable command but yeah.

Thank you.

Back