• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Google to soon require ARC for forwarded messages

Bobbbb

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
For your consideration...

There is a feature request to implement ARC in Plesk (please vote for this feature). Google will soon (Feb. 2024) require ARC for forwarded mail going to Google recipients...

If you regularly forward email, including using mailing lists or inbound gateways, add ARC headers to outgoing email. ARC headers indicate the message was forwarded and identify you as the forwarder.

I hope that Plesk will consider implementing ARC, in Plesk for Linux, before Feb. 2024, so that email deliverability to Google recipients will not be an issue for our customers.

-Bob

Is there an ETA? it's less than 90 days before Google will start rejecting our emails: we have to know when we can configure and test things, otherwise we have to move away from Plesk...
This should be very high priority but I can't find anything around but this post :-(

The update has already been developed and is currently in testing stage. I'm pretty sure it'll be ready in time.

Hi cmartinez127,

There are no controls to configure the feature, if a email is forwarded, the system adds required headers to the email. Anyway, I have asked to prepare an update for documentation to add some details about ARC headers in Plesk, will keep you posted in the thread.

BTW, could you please provide a little bit more details what information are you interested in regarding ARC? It helps us to understand what aspects make sense to describe in the documentation.

Hi cmartinez127,

There are no controls to configure the feature, if a email is forwarded, the system adds required headers to the email. Anyway, I have asked to prepare an update for documentation to add some details about ARC headers in Plesk, will keep you posted in the thread.

BTW, could you please provide a little bit more details what information are you interested in regarding ARC? It helps us to understand what aspects make sense to describe in the documentation.
Hi, AYamshanov,

Thanks for the reply.

I actually don't know, I never had to use ARC, it's new for me. Maybe information about how to set it up in Plesk without any problem.

There aren't many tutorials on the Internet and the current ones may not work in Plesk because these ones are explained to be applied in other platforms.

BTW, could you please provide a little bit more details what information are you interested in regarding ARC?

I'd be interested to know which of the available components or milters was used to enable ARC in Plesk for Linux.

People should also be aware of the issue in this thread:
As far as I'm aware, this issue currently isn't resolved.

How does it work with mailman 2 and ubuntu 20. I installed update .58 but no arc headers in mailings. And for this it would be needed...

Same, I updated to .58 too, but no arc headers in emails.

I found the following command in another post, but doesn't seem to work.
Code:
plesk bin settings -s mail_arc_sign=true

Yes, the mail_arc_sign thingy I also found and it works - but not yet with mailing lists.
If forwarding for a mail address is switched on then an ARC header is being added to the forwarding mail.
But for mailing lists this is not yet recognized as a forward.

Yes, the mail_arc_sign thingy I also found and it works - but not yet with mailing lists.
If forwarding for a mail address is switched on then an ARC header is being added to the forwarding mail.
But for mailing lists this is not yet recognized as a forward.
I now have ARC email headers, but DMARC still fails when sending to gmail for example. In my case I'm using Mailgun to forward emails

I now have ARC email headers, but DMARC still fails when sending to gmail for example. In my case I'm using Mailgun to forward emails
My understanding is... DMARC will still fail if it doesn't align. However, an email provider may choose to ignore or override the DMARC result, if they trust the source of the valid ARC headers.

I use DMARC monitoring via uriports.com and their reports state if a provider overruled a failing DMARC because of a passing ARC.

My understanding is... DMARC will still fail if it doesn't align. However, an email provider may choose to ignore or override the DMARC result, if they trust the source of the valid ARC headers.

I use DMARC monitoring via uriports.com and their reports state if a provider overruled a failing DMARC because of a passing ARC.
I'm conscious of that. I know DMARC fails if it doesn't align, but in other servers I have the same configuration (v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; adkim=s; aspf=s) and it doesn't fail or goes to spam, even though in the headers appear unaligned and that before adding ARC.

Back