• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

hash-extension / pecl-hash

quark

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I have a SuSE 10.2 server with Plesk 8.3 and I want to install Magento, the latest open-source eCommerce solution.

PHP is compiled with --disable-all, and I guess it disables hash extension which is default in PHP and is required by Zend Framework and by Magento. So, please let me have a steb-by-step procedure of:

How I can enable this hash extension or

how I can install pecl-hash?

Hi, I do have the same problem with Plesk 8.4 (1&1 Server) - how did you solve the problem? Does anybody have a tip?

1. Check if you have installed php-devel or php5-devel. If not, install it using yast.
2. Install PEAR.
3. Run # pecl install hash.
4. Add in php.ini:
; Enable pecl_hash extension module
extension=hash.so

5. Restart Apache

I think that was all... If is not working, contact me again

THANKS!

Hash is thought to be an standard component. Do you know a reason why it's not installed? May this a deeper matter?

hash is a component of PECL (see http://pecl.php.net/).

I don't know if is or isn' t a standard component PHP. Surely don't exist in PEAR.

I need hash only for Magento eCommerce.
Magento use adler32 which don't exist in PEAR packages. In fact all other hash function except adler32 (like md5) can be found in PEAR packages.

Good find.. i ran into a similar issue .. the first thing i did was change the config of Magento eCommerce to use md5 instead of adler32 .

the quickest way to enable hash support

do it through yast ,go to software management.Then search for hash. follow on screen instruction to install.

It will automatically install for you. need to do nothing :)

restart apache

check php info should have hash support.

Back