• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Have to keep running mchk

runtim23

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

My webmail has been funny lately. It sometimes shows all messages as read and sometimes it will show hundreds of duplicates.
I also cannot login at times and it comes back with bad username or password. Then it will suddenly start working again.
Sometimes when I do not have any access for hours, I run mchk, which usually fixes the problem for a few hours, but it seems
I have to keep running this command. It's not consistent across domains either. Sometimes several experience similar issues,
while others are fine, but usually at least 1-3 are found to be affected at the same time.

Any advice?
I have narrowed it down to mail_auth_dump usually being the component that fixes the issue, but it doesn't always fix it like a full mchk does.

Have you tried to troubleshoot this weird webmail behaviour with help of corresponding webmail logs at least?
/var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log for Horde and /var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors for Roundcube.

Yes. All I see are a bunch of
HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN for [email protected] [ip address] to {ip address [imap/notls]} [pid 14808 on line 139 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

This isn't a horde problem, I believe it is something to do with the server, mail agent, or imap, because this occurs on Outlook, Thunderbird, webmail. When I use mail through telnet everything runs fine. I keep getting random behavior. For instance, today my client keeps locking up and crashing, and I get error messages, that it cannot copy messages to sent. I delete my accounts and recreate but they only work for 1 email before locking up and crashing again. Somtimes I can't login to the smtp/imap server at all through my webmail or email client. We have several accounts that are acting up, but running mchk fixes them temporarily.

Check that connection to IMAP port 143 is available. I assume that IMAP server may crash from time to time.

I will check all common ports when I have trouble again. It's hard to debug because there is an assortment of changes, like the ISP randomly blocking some ports with no notification or various networks changing policies. Example, Verizon will suddenly not support Imap and must use POP3, even though it was previously working. It also isn't consistent. The problems will persist anywhere between seconds to hours, but they are daily.

Yes ports are open. I can connect but not login through telnet on imap ports. Can't save to sent folder, and I get a timeout on Imap connection. This didn't start happening until last plesk microupdate #60. I will update to 11.5 once I can verify our configurations and software will still work on that version.

Back