• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Health Monitoring showing only a blank page

SKDamon

Basic Pleskian
After installing the Health Monitoring module/extension, it only shows a blank page, no data.
I can up/download config files, revert to default and detect hardware changes, but below those 4 buttons is just nothing.

I wasn't able to find any related error messages in panel.log. Re-Installing the module didn't help, using the restore default configuration doesn't help either, as did the detect hardware changes option.

Make sure that sw-collectd service is up and running:

# service sw-collectd status

Code:
Condition: start condition failed at Wed 2017-08-02 11:33:33 CEST; 6s ago
           ConditionPathExists=/etc/sw-collectd/collectd.conf was not met

/etc/sw-collectd/collectd.conf doesn't exist, but an empty subdirectory conf.d does.
Re-Installing with plesk installer and running the config script returns "Operation successful" but the service still won't start.
(Running config script from Health Monitor displays empty statistics )
Searching for default package files:
Code:
dpkg -L sw-collectd | grep -i conf
/usr/share/man/man5/sw-collectd.conf.5.gz
/usr/share/sw-collectd/postgresql_default.conf
/etc/sw-collectd/conf.d

Try to create this file at least :)

# cat /etc/sw-collectd/collectd.conf

#ATTENTION!
#
#DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
#SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.

FQDNLookup true
Hostname localhost
Interval 300
Types "/usr/share/sw-collectd/types.db"
BaseDir "/opt/psa/var/health/data"

Include "/etc/sw-collectd/conf.d/*.conf"

Thanks, I googled for it but didn't find any config files.
Would you mind running dpkg -S /etc/sw-collectd/collectd.conf and ls -la /etc/sw-collectd/conf.d?
(Assuming you have access to a ubuntu/debian system). I smell missing packages... :D

sw-collectd is now running, but no log '/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/health-alarm.log', Health Monitor site is still empty after 15 minutes...

Also try to do following

1. Stop the sw-collectd service:

# service sw-collectd stop

2. Execute the configuring script:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/setup-health-monitor.php
    Operation completed successfully

3. Start the sw-collectd service:

# service sw-collectd start

Code:
systemctl stop psa-health-monitor-notificationd.service
systemctl stop sw-collectd.service
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/setup-health-monitor.php
systemctl start sw-collectd.service
systemctl start psa-health-monitor-notificationd.service

Before that, I've checked the data directory, which was empty. I've created the folder localhost, uninstalled Health Monitor, restarted plesk services, installed it again and restarted plesk services one final time. I've also re-run the setup-health-monitor script with psa-health-monitor-notificationd.service running...

/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/health-alarm.log doesn't exist, no errors in panel.log, /opt/psa/var/health/data/ would be empty if I didn't create the localhost directory and I can't find any related messages in system logs.
At this point I think it's just the config files missing in conf.d...

I've exhausted my google-foo. Does anyone know the origin of /etc/sw-collectd/conf.d/ content?
I'm missing these and the main collectd.conf file was also missing, so some package must be missing.
Setup process ran several times, I reinstalled sw-collectd and psa-health-monitor several times, but nothing generates these config files.

Here is some more info:
Code:
sw-collectd.service - Startup script for statistics collecting from Plesk Panel Health Monitor
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/sw-collectd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2017-08-03 08:37:26 CEST; 6min ago
 Main PID: 21276 (sw-collectd)
    Tasks: 6
   Memory: 260.0K
      CPU: 4ms
   CGroup: /system.slice/sw-collectd.service
           └─21276 /usr/sbin/sw-collectd -f

Aug 03 08:37:26 mx01 systemd[1]: Started Startup script for statistics collecting from Plesk Panel Health Monitor.
Aug 03 08:37:26 mx01 sw-collectd[21276]: Initialization complete, entering read-loop.
Note: I commented out the include conf.d statement from your config as there was a warning about not finding any files there, but nothing changes.

Code:
||/ Name                                          Version                     Architecture                Description
+++-=============================================-===========================-===========================-================================================================================================
ii  psa-health-monitor                            17.8.2-ubuntu16.04.build170 all                         Plesk Onyx health monitor
ii  sw-collectd                                   5.5.0.1-ubuntu16.04.1705101 amd64                       Statistics collection daemon for filling RRD files

4.4.0-83-generic #106-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jun 26 17:54:43 UTC 2017 x86_64

/opt/psa/var/health/data/localhost/ does not exist after everything started up, and manually creating the directory won't magically fill it (sadly...)
Also, I don't know if it's supposed to be there, but I can't find any entry for the Health module in Home->Tools&Settings->Services. (It's a system service run for/by plesk, would make sense if it showed up there, right?)

Hi SKDamon,

I suggest to PURGE the two software packages with apt-get/aptitude on Debian/Ubuntu - based systems and re-check manually afterwards for possible leftovers. If all went fine and no previous files from these packages exist anymore on your server, you have then the choice to install the Plesk Server Health Monitor again over the Plesk Control Panel and the installation routine should install it as expected - with all depending and needed files. :)

I've previously re-installed sw-collectd (apt-get install --reinstall), this time I removed it via dpkg:
Code:
dpkg --remove --force-depends sw-collectd psa-health-monitor
Only /etc/init.d/sw-collectd remained (based on dpkg -L's output), which I deleted.
After that I installed Plesk Server Health Monitor, this time via the Web UI, which succeeded and left me with the message
All operations with products and components have been successfully completed.

So now, /opt/psa/var/health/data is still empty and the status page remains blank.
BTW Permissions for the data directory are 0744.

I'd be interested in where the config files would come from. System package, or does Plesk normally download them itself?
Meanwhile, here's detailed version info on sw-collectd and psa-health-monitor as well as the installer log (spoiler: no fatal errors)

apt-cache showpkg sw-collectd
Code:
Package: sw-collectd
Versions:
5.5.0.1-ubuntu16.04.17051015 (/var/lib/apt/lists/autoinstall.plesk.com_ubuntu_PSA%5f17.8.2_dists_xenial_all_binary-amd64_Packages) (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.hosteurope.de_mirror_autoinstall.plesk.com_ubuntu_PSA%5f17.8.2_dists_xenial_all_binary-amd64_Packages) (/var/lib/dpkg/status)
 Description Language:
                 File: /var/lib/apt/lists/autoinstall.plesk.com_ubuntu_PSA%5f17.8.2_dists_xenial_all_binary-amd64_Packages
                  MD5: af159a236762cb50ceb03b032085d05c

Reverse Depends:
  plesk-service-node-utilities,sw-collectd
  psa-health-monitor,sw-collectd
Dependencies:
5.5.0.1-ubuntu16.04.17051015 - libc6 (2 2.17) libcurl3 (2 7.16.2) libgcrypt20 (2 1.6.1) libltdl7 (2 2.4.6) libudev1 (2 183) sw-librrd (0 (null))
Provides:
5.5.0.1-ubuntu16.04.17051015 -
Reverse Provides:

apt-cache showpkg psa-health-monitor
Code:
Package: psa-health-monitor
Versions:
17.8.2-ubuntu16.04.build1708170515.13 (/var/lib/apt/lists/autoinstall.plesk.com_ubuntu_PSA%5f17.8.2_dists_xenial_all_binary-amd64_Packages) (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.hosteurope.de_mirror_autoinstall.plesk.com_ubuntu_PSA%5f17.8.2_dists_xenial_all_binary-amd64_Packages) (/var/lib/dpkg/status)
 Description Language:
                 File: /var/lib/apt/lists/autoinstall.plesk.com_ubuntu_PSA%5f17.8.2_dists_xenial_all_binary-amd64_Packages
                  MD5: 75ecf94531eb23afb69a75411497e592

Reverse Depends:
Dependencies:
17.8.2-ubuntu16.04.build1708170515.13 - plesk-core (2 17.8.2) plesk-service-node-utilities (2 17.8.2) sw-collectd (0 (null)) sw-rrdtool (2 1.4.2-14011400)
Provides:
17.8.2-ubuntu16.04.build1708170515.13 -
Reverse Provides:

installer log (fetched from WebUI):
Code:
Processed products:
Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.2
   In progress...
Operations log:
Installation started in background
Checking whether the package dependencies are resolved.
Installing packages
is running
Stopping sw_engine service... done
===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade of APS controller database has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade of Plesk database (revertable stage) has been completed.
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been started.
Applying migrations from: /opt/psa/bootstrapper/pp17.8.2-bootstrapper/migrations/
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been completed.
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
plesk-service-node-utilities is already the newest version (17.8.2-ubuntu16.04.build1708170610.01).
plesk-core is already the newest version (17.8.2-ubuntu16.04.build1708170610.01).
plesk-management-node is already the newest version (17.8.2-ubuntu16.04.build1708170610.01).
psa-updates is already the newest version (17.8.1-ubuntu16.04.build1708170510.14).
plesk-l10n is already the newest version (17.8.2-ubuntu16.04.build1708170610.01).
plesk-web-hosting is already the newest version (17.8.2-ubuntu16.04.build1708170610.01).
The following NEW packages will be installed:
psa-health-monitor sw-collectd
N: Ignoring file 'plesk.list.ai_back' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 8 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/396 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1414 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously unselected package sw-collectd.
(Reading database ... (Reading database ... 5%(Reading database ... 10%(Reading database ... 15%(Reading database ... 20%(Reading database ... 25%(Reading database ... 30%(Reading database ... 35%(Reading database ... 40%(Reading database ... 45%(Reading database ... 50%(Reading database ... 55%(Reading database ... 60%(Reading database ... 65%(Reading database ... 70%(Reading database ... 75%(Reading database ... 80%(Reading database ... 85%(Reading database ... 90%(Reading database ... 95%(Reading database ... 100%(Reading database ... 265523 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../sw-collectd_5.5.0.1-ubuntu16.04.17051015_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking sw-collectd (5.5.0.1-ubuntu16.04.17051015) ...
Selecting previously unselected package psa-health-monitor.
Preparing to unpack .../psa-health-monitor_17.8.2-ubuntu16.04.build1708170515.13_all.deb ...
Unpacking psa-health-monitor (17.8.2-ubuntu16.04.build1708170515.13) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu9) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.5-1) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (229-4ubuntu19) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-19) ...
Setting up sw-collectd (5.5.0.1-ubuntu16.04.17051015) ...
Setting up psa-health-monitor (17.8.2-ubuntu16.04.build1708170515.13) ...
Synchronizing state of psa-health-monitor-notificationd.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...
Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable psa-health-monitor-notificationd
initctl: Unable to connect to Upstart: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection refused
The script you are attempting to invoke has been converted to an Upstart
job, but lsb-header is not supported for Upstart jobs.
insserv: warning: script 'screen-cleanup' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: Default-Start undefined, assuming empty start runlevel(s) for script `screen-cleanup'
insserv: Default-Stop undefined, assuming empty stop runlevel(s) for script `screen-cleanup'
initctl: Unable to connect to Upstart: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection refused
insserv: Default-Start undefined, assuming empty start runlevel(s) for script `screen-cleanup'
insserv: Default-Stop undefined, assuming empty stop runlevel(s) for script `screen-cleanup'
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/opt/psa/admin/logs/health-alarm.log': File exists
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu9) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (229-4ubuntu19) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-19) ...
===> Cumulative APS controller upgrade (final stage) has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade of APS controller (final stage) has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade (final stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade of Plesk (final stage) has been completed.
Stopping sw-cp-server (via systemctl): sw-cp-server.service.
Starting sw_engine service... done
Starting sw_cp_server service... done
Starting mysql service... already started
Starting named service... already started
Starting mailer service... already started
Starting spamfilter service... already started
Starting drweb service... already started
Starting tomcat service... not installed
Starting apache service... already started
Starting xinetd service... already started
xinetd.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable xinetd

Hi SKDamon,

let's start with:
So now, /opt/psa/var/health/data is still empty and the status page remains blank.
BTW Permissions for the data directory are 0744.
On my "Ubuntu 16.04" servers, the permissions are set to:

Code:
ls -lah /opt/psa/var/health/data
insgesamt 12K
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4,0K Jan 01 00:00 .
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4,0K Jan 01 00:00 ..
drwxr-xr-x 55 root root 4,0K Jun 21 09:58 localhost
rwxr-xr-x => 0755

Could you pls. post the outputs of:
Code:
ps aux | grep sw-collectd
Code:
service sw-collectd status
Code:
ls -lah /usr/share/sw-collectd
Code:
ls -lah /etc/sw-collectd
ls -lah /etc/sw-collectd/conf.d

... and pls. execute the commands:
Code:
/etc/init.d/sw-collectd stop
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/setup-health-monitor.php
/etc/init.d/sw-collectd start

Sorry, I thought r-x permissions were Number 4... It's drwxr-xr-x on my directory too.

These are the outputs:
Code:
root     15033  0.0  0.0  16356  1020 pts/0    S+   09:04   0:00 grep --color=auto sw-collectd

● sw-collectd.service - Startup script for statistics collecting from Plesk Panel Health Monitor
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/sw-collectd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2017-08-03 09:04:15 CEST; 24h ago
 Main PID: 24317 (sw-collectd)
    Tasks: 6
   Memory: 248.0K
      CPU: 19ms
   CGroup: /system.slice/sw-collectd.service
           └─24317 /usr/sbin/sw-collectd -f

Aug 03 09:04:15 mx01 systemd[1]: Started Startup script for statistics collecting from Plesk Panel Health Monitor.
Aug 03 09:04:15 mx01 sw-collectd[24317]: Initialization complete, entering read-loop.

total 32K
4.0K drwxr-xr-x   3 root root 4.0K Aug  3 16:48 ./
4.0K drwxr-xr-x 186 root root 4.0K Aug  3 16:48 ../
4.0K drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4.0K Aug  3 16:48 java/
8.0K -rw-r--r--   1 root root 7.9K May 10 10:22 postgresql_default.conf
 12K -rw-r--r--   1 root root 8.4K May 10 10:22 types.db

total 20K
4.0K drwxr-xr-x   3 root root 4.0K Aug  3 16:48 ./
 12K drwxr-xr-x 152 root root  12K Aug  3 16:49 ../
4.0K drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4.0K May 10 10:22 conf.d/

total 8.0K
4.0K drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K May 10 10:22 ./
4.0K drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4.0K Aug  3 16:48 ../

Note that this time, the service isn't logging the missing configuration file, as it did before I reinstalled. But it's still missing in the directory...

I also ran the setup script again:
Code:
root:~# systemctl stop sw-collectd
root:~# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/setup-health-monitor.php
root:~# systemctl start sw-collectd

root:~# ls /opt/psa/var/health/data
total 8.0K
4.0K drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Aug  3 09:03 ./
4.0K drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4.0K Jul 23 07:16 ../

Here's a screenshot of the Health Monitor Page in Plesk:

Last edited:
Hi SKDamon,

as you can see with your outputs, you are still missing "/etc/sw-collectd/collectd.conf", so pls. see again @IgorG suggestion => #4

Hey UFHH01,
I've been on vacation for the past 3 weeks, sorry for that :D

When I came back from my vacation, Health Monitor showed empty graphs for CPU and Disks.
All the conf dirs are filled, the data directory is too, only sw-collectd.service wasn't running.

I've restarted sw-collectd, waited half an hour, now I have some beautiful graphs.
Thanks for the Help, Case Closed!

Back