• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help required with Plesk 12.5.30 and ownCloud 8.2.1.4

DBX12

New Pleskian
Hello everybody,
I'm new here, so please don't be too mad if I'm in the wrong board.

I have a problem with Plesk 12.5.30 and ownCloud 8.2.1.4. Probably it's a generic issue and not connected to owncloud. So I will state what I have done so far:
  • Installed ownCloud via package manager (this places the ownCloud installation in /var/www/owncloud)
  • Created a subdomain (cloud.domain.tld) via plex
  • Placed a sym link in the home directory of the subdomain pointing to /var/www/owncloud
Problem so far: I can't access ownCloud (response is 404 Not found) nor can I create a subdomain with a home directory outside of the rootdirectory specified in Plex. (Root dir is /var/www/vhosts/domain.tld)

So my directories are organized like this:
Code:
/var
|
+ - /www
      |
      + - [...]
      + - /owncloud
      |     |
      |     + - [several owncloud files and directories]
      + - /vhosts
            |
            + - [...]
            + - domain.tld     <- my webroot

System:
Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS

Can you tell me, if it is possible to create a subdomain like cloud.domain.tld without moving /var/www/owncloud? As it is installed by the package manager moving it would break future updates.

Thank you :)

I followed the instructions of your first link (created vhost.conf in /var/www/vhosts/system/cloud.domain.tld/conf and ran /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=cloud.domain.tld with a Warning (obsolete option) but no failure messages).
I'm still unable to reach owncloud, but if I open cloud.domain.tld the "File not found" message turned into a "No input file specified" error.
About the logs:
The last item in the access_log error_log (/var/www/vhosts/system/cloud.domain.tld/logs) is
Code:
Sat Nov 28 22:48:30.912794 2015] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 18253:tid 139920406464256] [client 193.174.193.64:51193] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/owncloud/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/:/tmp/) in Unknown on line 0\nPHP message: PHP Warning:  Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0\nUnable to open primary script: /var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/tmp_doc_root/index.php (Operation not permitted)\n'
tmp_doc_root is the document root I specified when I created the subdomain in Plesk. I understand that the problem is the open_basedir restriction, but I have no idea where to change it. I found the according setting in /var/www/vhosts/system/cloud.domain.tld/etc/php.ini but I didn't alter it because it says this file is automatically generated.

I hope you can help me with my problem :)

Edit: Mistook the access_log with the error_log, I corrected it

Hi DBX12,

custom PHP - settings for each (sub)domain can be set at:

Home > Subscriptions > YOUR_DOMAIN.COM > Websites & Domains > PHP Settings

You might want to change your open_basedir to:
Code:
{WEBSPACEROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}:/var/www/owncloud

Ok, this one was easy, it was too late last night I guess.
But now it says access denied or file not found (depending on which file permissions I set).

That's a bit frustrating :/ but I haven't expected it to be easy.
Any suggestions?

I solved the problem by uninstalling via package manager and installing it per webinstaller directly in the root of the subdomain. The downside are the updates which must be done manually. But as far as I've seen most updates have unfixed new errors so it isn't too bad to decide on my own when to update. There was the common endless loop after the login which I fixed by running PHP as a FastCGI application (served by Apache) instead of a FPM application served by Apache.

Thank you for your answers anyway :) You're a great community :)

Back