• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Ho do I install templates

T

therealboss

How do I install the templates from the download page? Can it be done from within PLESK?

Unfortunately, templates for Sitebuilder can not be installed through Plesk and should be installed directly on the server with "rpm -Uhv" or "dpkg --install" commands depending on OS which you have. Let me know if you have any further questions concerning this case.

Can you be more specific. I need to modify the templates. I can open the template files and edit them. I need to know how to convert these edited templates back to an RPM file. Then I need to know how to upload and install them on my server. Is this done with SSH ? Please be as specific as possible. Step by step instructions would be appreciated. Thanks.

eastcoast
I need to know how to convert these edited templates back to an RPM file.
This is really not a good idea, it may cause package conflicts/failed dependencies during upgrade. Anyway, swsoft provides no SDK/instructions on how to create RPM packages from custom templates.

Then I need to know how to upload and install them on my server. Is this done with SSH ?
Just pack the template into a tarball (with 'tar zcvf'), upload it to the server (with SSH) and untar it to the sitebuilder template directory (/usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/templates). Then run sb_config --update_templates.

Just one more note on editing templates.
Create a copy of template before editing, do not forget to rename it and increase it's version each time you make any major changes.

reinstall template

I have install a template pack, but it's not appearing within the category. Therefore I wanted to reinstall the template. How can I do that? When trying to do it, I'm getting the following message:
"package Food_and_Drink_pack1-4.0.0.20070626-1 is already installed"

Thanks for any advice,
Miguel

P.S. I'm using rpm -ivh and rpm -Uhv

Thanks Dmitry,
now the pack is installed again, but no templates can be seen on the category.

Something else seems to be not working properly. Any advice to troubleshoot that?

Thanks a lot,
Miguel

Originally posted by warrior
Thanks Dmitry,
now the pack is installed again, but no templates can be seen on the category.

Something else seems to be not working properly. Any advice to troubleshoot that?

Thanks a lot,
Miguel
are those templates enabled in plan?

warrior,

Try to update templates by running:
# sb_config --update_templates

I hope it help you.

Back