• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde webmail vs others

B

BigWhiteDog

Current running Plesk 7.5 reloaded, mail enable standard and Horde imp. We have a client that uses webmail for 15 stores and want to have folders and filters capabilities, which we do not currently have w/ Horde. What would be a better webmail ap? Should we upgrade to MailEnable Pro? Or go with another webmail ap that would work with what we already have?

Originally posted by BigWhiteDog
Current running Plesk 7.5 reloaded, mail enable standard and Horde imp. We have a client that uses webmail for 15 stores and want to have folders and filters capabilities, which we do not currently have w/ Horde. What would be a better webmail ap? Should we upgrade to MailEnable Pro? Or go with another webmail ap that would work with what we already have?

My advice is to try to use MailEnable Pro. I think you can try to use Pro version before purchasing (but I'm not sure). What you can get from using Pro version:
1) Pro version support IMAP protocol for mail, so using Horde you can automatically use folders. Folders in Horde are inaccessible when using POP3. If you really want to use Filters in Horde, then I think you can use Ingo module for Horde. It is included in latest releases of Plesk, but in your case you can try to install it manually (just in theory, never had such experience).
2) MailEnable Pro has his own webmail interface, so you can switch to his webmail interface in Components Management, and try to use MailEnable webmail.

Just my 2 cents.

Back