• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde with Plesk Interface

S

steve0

Hey guys, looking for some opinions here:

1. I have a complete custom skin for Horde that is the same as the plesk WinXP Reloaded Compact interface .. i believe it is the only one on the planet .

2. I am thinking of making a horde skin for every plesk skin.

3. I am thinking of doing an addon for plesk that allows management of the horde skins through the plesk panel. etc .. so that if a client chooses a skin it auto switches the horde skin to the same plesk skin.

Is there any interest in this?

I can post some screen shots if anyone is interested ...

Those look great. When do you plan to make it available?

I'm really interested in that.. The main reason we don't use Horde is its gawd awful interface that our customers hate. That is 100x better.. Hook me up man!:D

Great indeed, I suggest you make it available to us asap :cool:

I'm impressed with that, it looks very good. What sort of price are you thinking of? What installation method are you using?

Yeah, will you be making this available at a price or free? If at a price, can skins be purchased seperately? Because I enforce only 1 skin on all my clients, so I would have no need for other skins.

Keep us updated though, very interesting work :)

Indeed... I am interested as well. Can this be done without the fear of Plesk updates overwriting things? I love the look of it... fits in very nicely!

Thanks for the great feedback guys ...

Let me start by answering a few questions:

When do you plan to make it available?
today ? :)

Although i'd love to release it today we have to be realistic - this mod has very positive potential but it also has the potential to break webmail if not done correctly, this of course affects every client on your box .. so it can't be rushed, it has to be perfect the first time and include a graceful back out. --- it is well worth the wait .. Estimated time frame - see below.

What sort of price are you thinking of?
will you be making this available at a price or free?

Sorry this is not going to be free - the work involved is quite extensive -- i'm not talking about just a skin for horde but also a way of managing it through the Plesk control panel. ... As far as the sort of price, i have no idea at this time, it will not be anything outrageous, it will be a fair price for great work and functionality.

If at a price, can skins be purchased seperately?
I would much rather keep it simple by not imposing any type of restrictions such as number of domains or skins, but i have also considered having more than one look and feel such as a yahoo look, a squirrelmail look etc ... so perhaps there will be different strokes for different folkes.

What installation method are you using?
I would like to create either an add on such as the 4psa products or a module like the firewall,vpn etc modules, .. I am only just now looking through the Plesk SDK so i will have a better answer in a week or 2 once i have started the Plesk part.

For those interested It would great if you could keep this thread going and perhaps come up with a top 5 feature list for the management section in Plesk .. for example do you want to automatically match the Plesk skin chosen by the client or do you want to also be able to enforce one skin on all your clients etc... anything else?

Time frame --- i will know once i have gleaned some info from the Plesk SDK so i will keep you all informed ... At some point I will also need some beta testers to test a live email system, (my test server), and the Plesk add on before making it available -- so if anyone is interested?

Thanks again for all the feedback guys, and remember good things are worth waiting for.

Originally posted by nhouse
Indeed... I am interested as well. Can this be done without the fear of Plesk updates overwriting things? I love the look of it... fits in very nicely!

It will be the same as any other Plesk addon, which i believe is overwritten by an upgrade. But this is another good reason to have an installation script, or module that can simply be re-installed after the plesk upgrade is done. Re- installing or uninstalling should not take more than 1-2 mins.

This is very very cool.

But can I suggest something? I spent ages trying to find the right places to modify the default horde login page, so that I could add my company logo (and change the top to say "welcome to webamail for [domain name]"

I'd like to be able to keep that somehow. e.g. to be able to modify, at the very least, the login page, even with your wonderful skin sets installed - And I'll definitely be installing them I can afford them.

Faris.

Originally posted by faris
This is very very cool.

But can I suggest something? I spent ages trying to find the right places to modify the default horde login page, so that I could add my company logo (and change the top to say "welcome to webamail for [domain name]"

I'd like to be able to keep that somehow. e.g. to be able to modify, at the very least, the login page, even with your wonderful skin sets installed - And I'll definitely be installing them I can afford them.

Faris.

The skin already displays the name of the domin you are connecting to .. look at the login screen screenshot.
As far as a custom logo the same top frame as the plesk login screen can be added and pick up the logo specified within the plesk control panel. Or a seperate logo for the webmail login screen if need be. ...

If you are asking to be able to modify "welcome to webmail for" through the plesk control panel .. that can be arranged ...

Great news steve. If you need beta-testing, I'm up for it.

It would be ideal if you could set the Horde login to automatically match the Plesk skin chosen. As I remove all other skins from Plesk besides the one I want to enforce, this should automatically make Horde use the only Plesk skin available, correct? (since all clienst can only use the default plesk skin).

What I would like to request though... if you have an installation method available, perhaps releasing this skin already? So not waiting till you have all skins done, you can add skins for people who have already purchased your package.

Also, uploading a custom skin would be nice, as I am using a customized Plesk skin with company colors, it would be nice if I could customize your horde skins myself, to again match my company colors. So perhaps providing your skins in a certain .zip package or something, that can be uploaded and is controlled by a script you manage from the Plesk interface.

Good luck :)

Back