• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde with Plesk Interface

as long as I get something from it which I cannot get from an existing product.

I started doing this project for my own personal reasons, the fact is Horde was not giving me what i wanted. I have a few corporate clients that will not use horde because even though it does the same as say something like the Exchange webmail client it does not look as polished and thus they simply will not use it.
I have also fielded questions from customers, (customers that are new to webhosting), that are quite lost with all the differing interfaces and from my perspective it makes sence to have a more uniform look to the services i offer, thus cutting back on some of the calls and emails.
I have also become quite tired of making mods that i feel give me a more professional look that simply get overwritten by a plesk upgrade.
I have also read countless postes, (in other forums), of people not using horde simply because of the way it looks and opting for a much less robust webmail program because it looks like it does a better job.
I do not just offer webmail services through plesk to my clients, i have actually been using horde exclusively for over 2 years so i do see it from the perspective of the end user. IMHO Horde is by far one of the best webmail programs available.

So taking all that into consideration i decided to make all my changes, and rap it up in an install script of some kind to save me countless hours of work as for me time is money. At the same time i was wondering if anyone else felt the same or had experienced some of these things with thier own customers, so i asked if anyone was interested.

I don't think someone will pay for something like a webmail theme.

This is not just a simple webmail theme. If no one is interested that is perfectly ok as i will end up with something for myself that my customers will drool over. I am still going to finish this project and i am going to encorporate everything that makes mine and my clients lives easyier. But going from the posts here i'd have to say that there are some people that might be interested.

One question though, where did you get the icons from?
http://www.kde-look.org/
The icons used in the screen shots are mostly GPL'ed some are plesks, please remember that the screen shots were taken from something that i use myself and was not intended to be sold as is. I simply wanted to see if there was any interest.
Obvoiusly the final product will have completely original icons and look much better than the screen shots, even though i do believe using GPL'ed icons is acceptable i won't be using them.

Originally posted by steve0
This is not just a simple webmail theme. If no one is interested that is perfectly ok as i will end up with something for myself that my customers will drool over. I am still going to finish this project and i am going to encorporate everything that makes mine and my clients lives easyier. But going from the posts here i'd have to say that there are some people that might be interested.

It sure is good looking,
but I think that funcionality is something worth to pay.
A simple change of colors is not something I would call "makes my clients lives easyier".

A simple change of colors is not something I would call "makes my clients lives easyier".

This is "NOT" just a simple change of colors, i have no idea why you would think that :confused:

Hmm..
What kind of functionality dit you added?
Or some code changes to make it faster or bugfixes?

(Maybe I mist that part)

Triloxigen,

you should have started reading at the first thread, then you'd have seen that:

This is a
a complete custom skin for Horde that is the same as the plesk WinXP Reloaded Compact interface

Furthermore, steve0 is
thinking of making a horde skin for every plesk skin.

and further plans have also been laid out for all to comment on and as you can read steve0:

thinking of doing an addon for plesk that allows management of the horde skins through the plesk panel. etc .. so that if a client chooses a skin it auto switches the horde skin to the same plesk skin.

so, by definition - this skin is already much more than "just a skin" :)

I dit read the topic.

On other words, the only extra functionality is:
"thinking of doing an addon for plesk that allows management of the horde skins through the plesk panel. etc .. so that if a client chooses a skin it auto switches the horde skin to the same plesk skin."

And even for that it is not sure that it will be added?

But I know enough, I leave the topic :)

Thanks for that post liquidblaze ..

I think perhaps posting a list of features should help remove any confusion ..

Anyone like a list of features with a few more screen shots? let me know, i'll post some.

Originally posted by steve0
Thanks for that post liquidblaze ..

I think perhaps posting a list of features should help remove any confusion ..

Anyone like a list of features with a few more screen shots? let me know, i'll post some.

why ask us? just post away :D

Ok here is the list i am working on.

WebMail Module for Plesk
==============================================
[+] 1. Admin can specify default login page
[+] 2. Admin can specify default logout page
[+] 3. Admin can set a default logo image
[+] 4. Admin can set the welcome to message
[+] 5. Ability to set a default domain name, or set as customer domain name for each customer
[+] 6. Ability to add or remove Horde modules from the menus
[+] 7. Clients can have access to theme management
[+] 8. Admin can remove theme management from client and set a default theme
[+] 9. Clients can have access to outlook panel bar switching preferences
[+] 10. Admin can remove client access to panel bar switching preferences and set a default panel bar
[+] 11. Ability to switch the panel bar to outlook panel bar on a per client bases
[+] 12. Admin can switch the skins on a per customer bases to charge for premium skins
[+] 13. Admin can update client preferences on a client by client bases
[+] 14. Admin can turn on or off ability to match plesk skins set by a customer within plesk
[+] 15. Admin can customize skins through skin interface
[+] 16. Skin installer

Sounds great steve0!

As someone who owns quite a few servers, I'm hoping the price will be reasonable and not silly like (in my opinion) SWsoft pricing ;)

Hi Steve0,

Features are just what we're waiting for, so perfect!
Let us know when you finished it and ofcourse the price. Keep on the good work.

and .... like LiquidBlaze already said.. where are the latest screenshots ? :)

Best regards,

LiquidSolid

You should all have some patience. I would rather wait and let Steve0 do it right, rather than have him be rushed to release the product (like Plesk and M$) :)

Software development should be like a fine wine or aged whiskey. Time allows it to become better and better... speaking of which, where did my bottle go?

I agree, but it would also be nice to um.. uh.. "Beta test" to help him out? I don't remember if that phrase is allowed around here or not.. :p

Yes, as long as the 'beta' is actually a beta, not an Alpha being called a 'beta', again like Plesk and M$ are prone to do.... :)

And an actual release which is a working product, not a 'beta' being called a release...

I hope I don't get in trouble with either Plesk or M$ for these statements....

Is it allready possible to download this theme or is it in work?

If you had bothered to even read half of the thread, you would know it has not been released yet.

Thank you for the Information! Sometimes it will bi better to read before to write :-D

In this case sorry for the question :)

Back