• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Hosting game servers

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
A client is asking to host a game server at one of our CENTOS servers.
It is to be a minecraft server. I wondered if PLESK has any facilities for setting it up, or do I just create a user account for them and let them have SSH access. seems dangerous..
Or do I create a VPS on that server and give them access to that VPS? I was thinking the KVM system..

Many thanks..
-t

I'd get them a VPS or even another dedicated server. Plesk doesn't and can't manage gameservers, though if you get one running in docker, Plesk can manage the container...

If your clients just want to upload the game files, they can configure the FTP's and upload the games, but to manage the games server, he should give access over the dedicated or VPS server to his client. Plesk is a Website hosting control panel; it can not help manage the game server.

What I ended up doing was creating the VPS's under kvm, and only gave them access to their desktops (they wanted a windows system).
So with some fine iptables tuning, I was able to deliver that to them.. Some more tweaking was necessary for both windows' performance and prevent idle waiting of windows..

What I ended up doing was creating the VPS's under kvm, and only gave them access to their desktops (they wanted a windows system).
So with some fine iptables tuning, I was able to deliver that to them.. Some more tweaking was necessary for both windows' performance and prevent idle waiting of windows..
thanks for the help I setup for roblox exe.

Back