• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Hotlink Protection - Chrome

Hammers007

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.52 Update #2
Hello,

I have implemented a CDN (Bunny CDN) - but I'm getting a hotlinked error, it looks to be Plesks image when googling hotlink images.

However, I have hotlink protection disabled in toolkit - this issue also appears to only impact Google Chrome, it shows a Stop, this image was hotlinked in place of the site logo.
Edge & Firefox appear fine (I have confirmed the CDN image URL is showing when inspecting in the browser).

Is there any other settings that can cause Plesk to keep hotlink protection on (also not sure why this is only impacting Chrome).

Many thanks

The first of all - reset browser's cache. If your browser requests this image it continue showing image (origin or stub) from cache.

Could you describe your configuration?

I guess you have site.tld for CDN, origin.site.tld for origin site on plesk with enabled hotlink protection. In this case only requests from origin.site.tld(and subdomains) are allowed and you need to add site.tld into trusted domains list for corresponding WP installation in WP Toolkit (in the protect hotlink feature settings).

Back