• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How can i migrate all domains from Server-A (Plesk 17.8.11) to Server-B (Plesk 17.5.3)?

mbulm1

New Pleskian
Hello,

on Server-A runs:
Plesk Onyx
Version 17.8.11 Update #91

on Server-B runs:
Plesk Onyx (Plesk web admin edition )
Version 17.5.3 Update-Nr. 96

At the moment I'm backing up the data from Server-A to an FTP directory from Server-B - it's about 210 GByte!

Can I then restore this backup on Server-B?
What do I have to consider here?

What other possibilities are there to transfer all data of a domain from one server to another?

Thank you very much in advance for your efforts.
Best regards
Markus

I would use the migration extension.
I have many subscriptions with an installation date of 2007 whilst my oldest Plesk server is 3 years old.

You can bulk migrate them even, but I would start with 1 or 2 domains.
A back-up is not that wise and I know of a few "restore bugs" that Plesk refuses to fix, so I wouldn't even consider it to be an option.
All the dates of the files you restore will be set to the date of migration instead of their original dates.
I was quite offended when a support engineer questioned the importance of that.
Apparently also a reason to keep this bug in even though I reported it years ago.

Anyhow, the migration tool is work of marvel able to migrate a complete domain transparently if used wisely with a short TTL of your DNS.

I would use the migration extension.
I have many subscriptions with an installation date of 2007 whilst my oldest Plesk server is 3 years old.

You can bulk migrate them even, but I would start with 1 or 2 domains.
A back-up is not that wise and I know of a few "restore bugs" that Plesk refuses to fix, so I wouldn't even consider it to be an option.
All the dates of the files you restore will be set to the date of migration instead of their original dates.
I was quite offended when a support engineer questioned the importance of that.
Apparently also a reason to keep this bug in even though I reported it years ago.

Anyhow, the migration tool is work of marvel able to migrate a complete domain transparently if used wisely with a short TTL of your DNS.

Thank you!
Where can i find the migration extension and and where can I find a good manual for it?

Downgrade migrations are not supported. You cannot migrate accounts from 17.8 to 17.5, only the other way is possible. Your only option is to manually migrate the accounts. Or you can first upgrade the version of your older server (17.5 is end of life anyway) and then use the migrator extension that can be found in the extensions menu.

Back