• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I give my clients access to their plesk administration?

K

khalilah

Greetings guys,

Could someone please help. I have a few clients who are now asking for access to their plesk login to setup their own emails and so on...
I have system access enabled on their domains, a username and password setup and so on... Question is when they go to https://theirsite.com:8443 they can not login using their own credentials. Please help!

Thanks

Within Plesk (logged in as admin), goto Domains -> theirsite.com -> "Edit domain user" -> check "Allow domain user access"

tried that, it doesnt work...

thanks for the reply,

I have tried that, but it still doesnt work... Is there anything else i could do?

none, everything pulls along well... got no idea why... if I was pop you a email with login details, would you be able to have a closer look?

Domain user can log on as

login: domain.com
password: passwd

Thanks OlegB

This is the error they get...

ERROR

Unable to query: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\login_up.php3:363 psaerror(string "Unable to query: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='") 1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\login_up.php3:112 createsessiondomainowner(string "hollylolly.com.au", string "kruger") 2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\login_up.php3:585 createsession(string "hollylolly.com.au", string "kruger")

It seems that you have manully restored Plesk database. It has default MySQL collation latin1. It should be utf8.
To fix it you need backup current `psa` database and them remove it, recreate it.
Change charset for every table within dump to UTF8

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `xxxxxx`;
CREATE TABLE `xxxxxxx` (
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

the restore this dump into `psa` database. It should fix this issue.

Thanks again OlegB,

PLESK engineers set this up, would you be able to have one of your team members or engineers have a look at the problem please?

Thanks

Could you please provide me with the ticket number where our engineers worked on your server.
If you have support on you key we can help you with this problem. You need just create a ticket.

Thanks OlegB,

I created a ticket, ticket id2. Not to sure what the original ticket number is, I have emailed the system admin and he has informed me about the work of the engineers.

I'll submit a ticket first thing tomorrow morning, does it take long for a reply or fix?

This problem can fixed approximately for an our.

ticket id2

unfortunately is not correct number. I can't check it. But you can contact system administrators and clarify situation.
Any way they can use the solution that I have provided earlier.

Back