• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how do i restart webmail(horde) service from Plesk

R

rgretta

I can enable and disable the webmail(horde) domain in IIS7.

However from the "plesk control panel" there is no way to stop or start this domain/service?

The administrator should have access to this domain "webmail(horde)" just like you can stop and start any domain in IIS from the domains page.

OR

it should be listed under "Services Management" with "sitebuilder" and the other plesk domain addons.

Am I missing how to do this from the plesk control panel?

You can start and stop it only via IIS manager. You can add or remove it from IIS manager via Settings -> Select Mail Server option in Plesk interface.

Thanks Igor,

I think it would be a nice feature to add to the "Services Management" area so webmail(horde) can be enabled and disabled through the panel instead of remotely logging in and using IIS.

I like to leave webmail off on my servers to prevent people from poking around.

Sometimes I am traveling and in other networks which disallow RDP (so I cannot get to IIS) and also disallow SMTP to my servers. So I can POP off my mail but I cannot answer it. In those cases it would be nice to log into plesk to enable webmail through plesk so i can get to my mail.

I was thinking that I could add the "webmail(horde)" domain through plesk to my domains list and turn it off and on that way... but i don't want to screw it up.

I have figured out how to do it.

Basically, I point a new email_domain created in plesk to the horde directory and then i change the IIS Anonymous Authentication user for the new email_domain to IUSERPLESK_horde.

1) use plesk to create a new domain "email.yourdomain.com".
2) then use IIS7 to point the website root directory of "email.yourdomain.com" at "c:\inetpub\vhost\webmail\horde".
3) make sure that the HandlerMappings for "email.yourdomain.com" support *.php *.php3 *.phtml ... copy the settings from the horde domain in IIS7. The handler in my setup is -> "c:\program files\parallels\plesk\additional\php\php.exe"
4) set the IIS Authentication user for the "email" website to IUSRPLESK_horde.... you will need to know the password for IUSRPLESK_horde. You can go to ComputerManagment > Users and change IUSRPLESK_horde's password.
5) (optional) change the bindings for the new site to webmail.domain.com
6) (optional) add an A record to your DNS settings for email.yourdomain.com

I can then "activate" or "suspend" the email website from plesk.

Back