• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I set up common nameservers under plesk 7?

D

disoft

Hi,

Am a complete n00b, coming as I do from a cpanel background, so apologies for being a bit dim.

I would like certain client types to use OUR namesevers, ns101 and ns102.universalns.com instead of say ns1 & ns2.clientdomain.com

I have set up these NS records at the domain registrar.
Under cpanel, I would then add them as the master nameservers for the server, and then add NS entries to the zone template.

I can't find how to do either under plesk.
Looking in the DNS section, if I try to add a NS template, it only lets me add one for ns <domain>.com, suggesting each client wil have their own ns records, which I would only want for certain client types.

Can anyone help with how to achieve both these aims?

thanks in advance,

Tony

Hi,

thanks for your reply. there is definitely some useful info in that post, but I could not find how to do what I want.

My server is called my.server.com
I want to use ns1.server.com and ns2.server.com for certain client types.
I have set up ns1.server.com and ns2.server.com with my domain registrar.

I have added these into the DNS template in plesk

But I somehow need to tell DNS on the server that these two IP's should be used for nameservices.

The post you pointed me to does not make that clear.

sorry if I'm being thick.

thanks

1. add A entries for your name servers to external name server or domain host

2. in the dns server template in plesk, delete the ns record ns.<domain>.com and replace them with ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com

Hi,

Yes, I have done both.
I thought I would need to do something to bind on the server itself to tell it which two IP's to use for nameservers, or will bind on the server respond to any nameserver requests at any of the IP's assigned to the server?

thanks

yes, it will respond to any ip, so just take two and name them ns's ;)

ok, thanks for your help. Didn't realise it was THAT simple ;)

Back