1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to activated MSSQL Express 2005 in plesk control panel.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by shriram, Apr 27, 2007.

1. shriram

shriram Guest

Hello,
    I have installed Plesk 7.6 on windows 2003. I know the Plesk provide MSSQL & MYSQL both type of database. I want to use MSSQL express 2005 through plesk control panel.
    I want to create database through Plesk control panel in MSSQL express 2005.

Sorry for English ....

2. ntranced

ntranced Guest

If you havent already bought it you need to purchase the add-on from SwSoft that lets you create and manage MSSQL databases.

3. ravee1981

ravee1981 Guest

Hi

When i try to enter MSSQL admin details in the database area in plesk, it is giving me the following error

Error: Unable to update database parameters: Try to establish connection failed: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied..

SQL is installed and is running on the server.

Please help me with this

regards

Ravi

4. iTechSquad

iTechSquad Guest

Has this issue been resolved ?

I have the same thing happening to me in Plesk 8.1 Windows + MsSQL express 2005.

Thanks,

5. Bender

Bender Guest

Hi,

For MSSQL Exrpress try the following in the hostname/ip field .\sqlexpress

Also you can get the list of installed sql servers using osql -L command